Thread: non-hasbo economy LS sound board found!

Default non-hasbo economy LS sound board found!

sorry there's all ready a thread with this board in it called "possible new saber sound" but that board was blown so I will continue it here. if the two threads could be merged and be renamed "sfx color change board" that would be great.
    here's the other thread. http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ew-saber-sound
    if the two threads could be merged and be renamed "sfx color change board" that would be great.

anyway I plan to get a good diagram sorted for this card and then to build a saber staff around it

ok guys well these SFX light sabers are under half the cost of Hasbro economy boards.

it has about 5 COF sounds but no swing sound (it has a swing sound kinda built into the normal hum) and its actually really loud (louder than my Hasbro's with speaker box's and more voltage.)....and its sound effects are very cool! it uses a mom switch to activate and has a latching switch for the sound to be turned off. It runs on 3x AA battery's for 4.5v.

the blade does change color on clash tho... its set up just like the Hasbro board only with one negative pin for the led's instead of three...In the next few days Il be playing with it to see what the best circuit is for this little beast.

ts a very small card 1" by 3/4" so you could mount it in any direction you desire inside your hilt which is going to be very handy for tiny cram fu sabers.

here's the link to the site

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView...d&form=KEYWORD
    there's a video link on the jaycar site but here's the derect link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVl0Q...layer_embedded
    I will also make a new short video to demonstrate more clearly the sound effects.

anyway for those of us in nz/aussy this could very well be the place to source your cheap boards.

reverse side showing the mom on switch and the latching sound switch.

forward side..the main battery lead goes on under the big transistor/capacitor ( "1000uf 10v" is written on it)

and one more shot of the forward side.
    Last edited by vctrsone; 01-10-2011 at 06:31 AM.
    }---------------{
    ]-----------------"Fullmerge Benzin"----------------------------------------:Beware of the dark side:--------------------------------------- "Fierfek"--------------------------------[

This has been posted already.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent