Thread: Jay-gon Jinn's Chrome Saber 31 (CS-31)

Default Jay-gon Jinn's Chrome Saber 31 (CS-31)

This saber was loosely based on Chrome Saber 22, but has a few different parts thrown on to make it just different enough to not be a clone of that saber. The main differences are the hilt style 4 and the addition of the switch box style 2. Inside the saber, however is where the two sabers differ the most. While CS-22 used an Ultrasound 2.5, this saber runs a Crystal Focus v5 that is set up to power a Ledengin 10watt GGGG led. The main blade3 is lit using two of the dice wired in parallel, and the other two dice are in series on the FoC circuit using a power extender. Battery power is supplied by a custom Li-ion battery pack I built using two 25500 "C" sized cells. The CF is powering only two accent led's since I wanted to keep this saber fairly simple, to stay in keeping woith the theme of the Cs sabers I usually build. The main switch led is wired to mimic the main blade using the extra pads provided on the cF for just that feature, and the red accent led is wired to the accent led pad 1. That led is set up in the config files to act as the idle sleep mode led when the saber is off, and as the last led in the pli when the saber is activated. This was necessary to do because the CFv5 doesn't have support for a single low-battery led, and by setting it up this way, when the battery reaches the low voltage battery threshold set in the confi.txt file, it will blink to indicate that the battery is about to shut down. So without further ado, here is

Chrome Saber 31 (CS-31)

The blade used for the last picture is my 34" (32" exposed length) TCSS Trans-White thin-walled blade with one of my modified blade tips.

youtube video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9LBWJ6mshI

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Very nice saber, I also like the color scheme. It's a little too long after my fancy but still great. So everything as usual

Cool Ooooooohhhhh

Man that is loud and bright!!
    My headphones started distorting the sound it was Soooo loud.
    I really like the hilt and soundfonts. It looks like it handles very easily.
    Seems like you captured and surpassed one of the Katana's most valuble attributes: It's ability to handled with ease and persission.
    How long did the hilt turn out?

Looks great - another outstanding saber Jay-gon!
    Yub Yub Commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Salohcin0083 View Post
    Man that is loud and bright!!
    My headphones started distorting the sound it was Soooo loud.
    I really like the hilt and soundfonts. It looks like it handles very easily.
    Seems like you captured and surpassed one of the Katana's most valuble attributes: It's ability to handled with ease and persission.
    How long did the hilt turn out?
    some of that distortion may be in the video...the saber was overpowering the mic in my camera bit, too. The hilt is 14" long.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Great saber Jay. Really like the design you have going there. The black is broken up nicely with the chrome and aluminum colors. Box placement and shroud are excellent as usual. Top notch.
    A knowledgeable man knows he has limited knowledge.

Jay, your sabers look like official movie props. Lucas needs to hook you up in his prop department.