Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dart Gun Saber

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I am not sure if I can get to the spring with out messing it up. This was part of a camera flash and the dart gun was the part that ejected the flash bulb. I don't want to risk messing it up since this is the only one I have seen like this.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Mando theme makes more sense.
    I can't see a full jedi using something like this (since I'm thinking that if they were in a life or death situation - 1) they wouldn't need to have a dart to climb up anything since they could probably force jump out of harm's way and 2) taking the time to point and shoot the thing would negate the defensive abilities of the saber).

EDIT:Oh my bad - is this meant to be a dart gun as in offensive weapon? Sorry I was thinking of a grappling hook gun.

But a Mando that took it from a fallen jedi... yes
    Last edited by cannibal869; 01-10-2011 at 12:58 PM.
    LOCKHEED

what I'll say is, its true what J-lo has said(that spring is.. bad).. but Ive seen you turn trash into treasure before so I will reserve my final judgment until that point. (but I say yeah do it!)

there is no TRY. do or do not. Someone put it in there. It is up to you to find a way to remove it.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I will probably just leave the spring as is since this is only a prop and I just wanted to prove it could be done. Plus, it could become very dangerous if I put a super strong spring in it. The dart is tiny and sharp and can do some damage with a strong enough spring. Another reason is I just don't have the time. lol

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

I'm thinking that would make a boss proto-saber hilt. No joke, that think is asking for an EL power cable and a cyan blade.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Here is the final Dart Gun Lightsaber that I made from an old camera flash. The dart gun is the part that ejected the flash bulb. I left the dart gun spring as is. (Especially after I lost a dart and had to make another one. LOL) The hilt is 7" long and only 1.08" OD (not including the dart gun part) I custom machined an aluminum blade holder and the dart is machined from Delrin. It has a 3.7V 14500 Li-Ion battery and a red P4 LED with a 3/4" x 17" blade. I machined a custom kill key that also acts as the switch. The kill key blends in with the saber very well. This also has a a covertec wheel so you can wear it on a belt clip. The blade is removable. Here are some pics and videos.