Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: found possible saber crystals?? In the unlikeliest of places

Default found possible saber crystals?? In the unlikeliest of places

Ok so...I am still working on my new (1st) saber that I just built and I am already trying to think about all the cool things I want to do to this thing. Over the last couple days, I have been reading the forums looking at crystal chambers and so on. So I'm reading about how to build them, where to get crystals, etc. I'm online looking at different options.

Anyway...don't want to bore everyone but today, I'm taking a leak (I know probably TMI) and I look up, and sitting on my shelf in my bathroom is a glass vase kinda thing filled with these redish crystal looking things. Hmmmm......

So what these are, are the Renuzit Crystal Elements Air Freshener. They basically come in a bag. So I took one out, not really sure what they are made of, but I rinsed it off in the sink and the coloring came off so now its no longer redish, but none the less its a crystal!!!

So here are some pics of what one of the crystals look like. They are all shapes and sizes so you can literaly sift through them until you find one you like. I may try and see if I can shape one a little with my dremel.

So if anyone is interested and looking for crystals, here is an option. In one of the pics I shined the light from my saber on it so you can see how well it glows. I guess I'll be ordering some more parts soon.

Oh therea an added bonus, even though I rinsed the color off, the crystal still has a really nice smell to it. So if you install one of these in your sabers and start swinging it around, you have the added bonus that it will fill your room with a fresh clean smell. lol

Crystal1.jpgCrystal3.jpgCrystal2.jpgCrystal4.jpg

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

wow...

"and the last thing I remembered as the blade pierced my heart was the smell of roses... sadly... I never stopped to smell them."
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Anyway...don't want to bore everyone but today, I'm taking a leak (I know probably TMI) and I look up, and sitting on my shelf in my bathroom is a glass vase kinda thing filled with these redish crystal looking things. Hmmmm......
    Yes, your right! You may have stumbled upon a new endeavor. It's hard to see how big they are. You should place something next to them for scale(say a quarter). Nice find.

Quote Originally Posted by cardcollector View Post
    wow...

"and the last thing I remembered as the blade pierced my heart was the smell of roses... sadly... I never stopped to smell them."

lol... A Warrior and a Poet. Hmmm, I wonder if Shakespeare was a Jedi??

Here is another pic of the crystal next to a quarter for comparison. Keep in mind though there are all shapes in sizes.

Crystal5.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by General Drod View Post
    Here is another pic of the crystal next to a quarter for comparison. Keep in mind though there are all shapes in sizes.
    Crystal5.jpg
    Good find. Interesting too.
    Formerly known as Polarcupz

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

Some of these air freshening products shrivel up when exposed to air. Only the test of time will tell. Maybe some heat and light tests as well as researching what they're made of would be a god idea. It's difficult to speculate what may happen to them over time. It's funny how you can easily see new ideas for sabers everywhere. I'm always wondering "Could this be useful in a saber build?" lol

I was thinking the same thing. I would be shameful and degrading to have the crystal shrivel up to a brown crumb.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Wouldn't a real crystal crumble up like that over time with that much power going through it? That would be embarassing during a lightsaber fight to have your crystal crumble and your saber blow up on you. LOL

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

I found out they are made from sea salt crystals. So your probably right, they may disintegrate or whatever. The good news is if you needed some seasoning all you have to do is whip out your saber. Makes a pretty cool looking salt shaker. lol