Thread: Reporting Spammers - please read

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Default Reporting Spammers - please read

Hey everyone, if you see a spambot you don't need to report it. The Council gets all of them, we try to read every post. I got on my computer today with 58 emails notifying me of a spammer.

Thanks
    LM
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Is anything being done to reduce the amount of spammers on the forum?
    We've had an outrageous number of spam posts in the last few days.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It especially doesn't need to be reported more than once if the same SPAMbot posted more than one thread, or post. We'll try to make sure we get all of them.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maul View Post
    Hey everyone, if you see a spambot you don't need to report it. The Council gets all of them, we try to read every post. I got on my computer today with 58 emails notifying me of a spammer.

Thanks
    LM
    Are you sure the notifications weren't spam....
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

You guys get all worked up over a few peps that just happen to like one of the most delicious caned meats available for human consumption. Please tell me exactly how us "Spammers" are effecting your lives. Just because we have a million and one recipes for cooking the greatest innovation since the wheel and can store our precious meat for decades to come, that does not give you the right to be hating on us. Just wait until 2013, all you haters will be begging, yes I said begging for just a bit of our Spam. And all I will say is "I say good day to you, now be on your way".
    +1 for spam.

It has been reported that Hawaii has the highest per capita consumption of Spam in the the world. You're from Hawaii, aren't you grayven?
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Do I look Hawain? LOL
    Maybe I should move there to get away from all the Spam haters.

Quote Originally Posted by grayven View Post

Do I look Hawain? LOL
    Maybe I should move there to get away from all the Spam haters.
    Ahhh! Spam golem! Kill it! Kill it with fire!
    Last edited by ARKM; 01-05-2011 at 06:40 PM.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Quote Originally Posted by ARKM View Post
    Ahhh! Spam golem! Killt it! Kill it with fire!
    Hahahah. Wow, this thread got jacked quickly.
    Formerly known as Polarcupz

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Post You've got to be kidding

Quote Originally Posted by grayven View Post
    You guys get all worked up over a few peps that just happen to like one of the most delicious caned meats available for human consumption. Please tell me exactly how us "Spammers" are effecting your lives. Just because we have a million and one recipes for cooking the greatest innovation since the wheel and can store our precious meat for decades to come, that does not give you the right to be hating on us. Just wait until 2013, all you haters will be begging, yes I said begging for just a bit of our Spam. And all I will say is "I say good day to you, now be on your way".
    +1 for spam.
    In no WAY, SHAPE, or FORM is SPAM food, That stuff was meant for the army during WWII. It should have stayed there, sure taste like it.

Hahahah. Wow, this thread got jacked quickly.
    IG-88 is right though. Lets get back on topic.
    Last edited by Loachri MacTalabh; 01-05-2011 at 05:32 PM.