Thread: LED wiring question (with soundboard and P4)

Default LED wiring question (with soundboard and P4)

Hi there,

the internals of my saber broke (made the mistake to buy at Saberforge some time ago) so I have to re-wire everything...

I have:
    - Seoul P4 blue
    - the old Saberforge Soundboard - should be intact
    - 4xAAA Pack
    - Heatsink, wires, lense and so on...

My question is very simple:
    Do I need a resistor?
    My understanding is that it would work without one using 4 AAA NiMH batteries (4,8V) but I don't want to smoke my LED...
    Should I maybe use a 2,2 Ohm resistor to be save?

Thanks!
    Voi

The resistor chart in the store says you should use a 1.5 Ohm 5 Watt resistor.
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/15...stor--P13.aspx

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

is the saberforge soundboard an LED driver as well? if so, find out what that puts out and base your resistor calculations off of that.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

The Saberforge support is non existent but I am pretty sure that it is not an LED driver.

Thanks for the fast answers so far!
    Voi

The SSv1 does not regulate voltage very well. Your best bet is to use a resistor on the led.

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

Ok, I'll use a resistor then.

Thanks alot!

It doesn't regulate voltage at all.
    The Sabersound uses the resistance of the PCB to drive the LED from the batteries. So work out what the board it putting out and match to a resistor.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent