Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Luxeon/EL Combo Saber

Yes you can. I have a DPDT switch, which has three on positions. I can wire it up so that one position is off, one is EL wire only, and the final position is EL and LED on.
    The same principle should work for you. If you always want them to light up and turn off together just a DPST switch would work.
    So help me, if you make me sail a ship made of hobgoblin corpses across the ocean, I will find a way to make you pay. - Redcloak

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

ya that would be what I want, don't want 2 switches. cool thanks

BLUE 3- Ready

My newest combo hilt used a single DPDT switch, but it operates with everything is either off or on. If I could ever find a replacement (toggle) switch that operates like ryanlb described, I would definately replace it.
    This Jedi Ranger has a name....Terek Kelrune. Don't forget it.

I bought the switch online for $5 or so. I'll see if I can dig up where I got it (it's been a couple of months).
    So help me, if you make me sail a ship made of hobgoblin corpses across the ocean, I will find a way to make you pay. - Redcloak

That was easier than I expected. I don't know if this will do what you want, but it should do what I want (I just haven't been able to get around to doing it yet).

DPDT Toggle Switch on-on-on