Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Silver Serpent's "Ophidia"

Default Silver Serpent's "Ophidia"

This is a rework of my original stunt "Hatchling." I couldn't very well give it to my wife for Christmas as it was, since I'd put sound in my own saber.

New specs:
    2010 econo vader board
    Hand cut sinktube shroud
    Assorted painting
    ARKM Razor blade plug

Still running a P4 green on 4xAAA alkalines, though it's eating those like candy. I've got the parts to upgrade it to li-ion rechargeable as soon as I can get it out of the wife's hands for an hour or two.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very nice job On the overlay! Kudos to you.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Blog Entries

The contrasting brass and sliver compliment each other and seem to truly be brought together by the P4 green. Looks wonderful.

Love the shroud work - its amazing how some fairly simple shroud designs can make such a big impact.
    Yub Yub Commander.

Cool Smoooth

I like the sleek flowing design. I am looking forward to seeing what sound you put in it.

I dig the brass shroud. Nice job!

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

quite beautiful. i think i like the name the best though. ^_^ reminds me of playing U7 for 72 hours straight one time.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

I don't know much about econo boards, but I would simply install a recharge port. While I prefer Li-Ions, they won't give you more mAh, or runtime. Only higher voltage. 1AAA NiMH has more mAhs then a AA Li-Ion. Then only other reason to go Li-Ion is for more sound resonating space. Oh yeah, nice overlay. I like the slight lack of symmetry.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 01-05-2011 at 05:23 AM.

Thanks for the kind words all. Next time I do a brass shroud, I'm definitely going to use the drill method. That one was all hand sanded, and it was an endless supply of hand cramps.

The econo vader board sounds good, but I've got a good bit more to learn about mounting speakers and resonance. It's not terribly loud, but it'll do for now.

CC, it has alkalines in it right now. Blade starts flickering within half an hour or so. I've got an extra li-ion, resistor, and recharge port that I'll install and I'll never have to open it up again to change batteries (and risk breaking something inside). My other saber Cerastes runs on a single li-ion for over an hour with the same internals and doesn't flicker at all, so I'm expecting similar performance out of this one.

Oh with a drum sanding bit?...they work great. I've done the single li-Ion for MR and US2.5 and both get plenty long runtimes...not sure exactly but well over 40 minutes. I wasn't sure about the econo boards with li ions at all though. With the extra resonating space you should notice a big diff. Good luck on the upgrade, it will be well worth it.