Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First Saber build - Rogue Defender

Default First Saber build - Rogue Defender

This is my first saber build using all MHS parts. This is also my first time posting on this forum so if I do something wrong please forgive me.

Thanks to the instuctions on this forum, it was pretty simple to put together. My kids named it "Rogue Defender" Next step is to add sound. I also want to add some color to it. I was thinking of making the choke and pommel black with some weathering and a gold emitter. Any thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks good - like the grips.
    Yub Yub Commander.

Thanks. Tennis raquet grips work wonders. The more I look at it though the less Ilike how shiney it is. Any suggestions on how to give the metal a more weathered look?

Quote Originally Posted by General Drod View Post
    Thanks. Tennis raquet grips work wonders. The more I look at it though the less Ilike how shiney it is. Any suggestions on how to give the metal a more weathered look?
    Very nice build. You can use paint, or olive oil and bake it, or aluminum black. The search function does wonders, but you do have to know what you are searching for.
    Formerly known as Polarcupz

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

Cool

Very cool. Looks like it will do the job. What kind of sound were you thinking on going with for this saber?

I dug out an old 2006 hasbro out of my son's toy box and ripped it apart. He wasn't happy but I promised to replace it with a new custom made saber so the next one I build will be for him. Anyway, I messed around with it yesterday and tested it out to make sure I knew what I was doing. So far so good. Now I just need to wait for the new mom switch and speaker I just ordered to arrive.

Here is an update on my first saber build. I finally added sound to it using an old hasbro I had lying around. Sound is not great but I am proud of myself for doing it considering I've never done anything like this before. As far as the hilt, I painted the choke and pommel with a flat black, then sanded it some to give it that used look. I also painted the blade holder an anodized red which matches the new switch I bought. I used some gold mylar tape which I wrapped around in the choke. The biggest thing I changed was the grip. I took off the black wrap and replaced it with a brown leather wrap. I like this one better as it gives it more of a Kota-ish feel to it. Considering this is my first build and zero experience, I am pretty pleased with it. Here are some pics with the changes. Let me know what you guys think.

photo3.jpg photo2.jpg photo1.jpg

Oh that looks good weathered. I really like the pommel and choke area...Well done!!

I like the new grip much better. Personally I'd remove more of the black paint and I'm not crazy about the red on the blade holder. If that's chipped paint on the choke from tape, it's avoidable by baking it. I'll be much more durable.