Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Azmaria's MHS6 - "Earth Element" Saber

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria Dei View Post
    i'll tell you what then... if i do take apart the pommel and replace the insert with a different one (which will require a complete disassembly since i built it pommel up), i'll redo the paint on the sleeve to match, ok? and why do you dislike it immensely? this is the kind of feedback i want to hear so i can hopefully improve upon my skills.
    It is my own personal taste I think. I do like the look Of the marble painting, but dOnt like the way it clashes with the way the lower silver portion of the hilt. I think if the whole hilt looked like it was made of marble- that would be amazing. So it is just my personal taste. If you like the way it looks I encourage you not to change it based off of someone else's opinion...
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

Quote Originally Posted by cardcollector View Post
    It is my own personal taste I think. I do like the look Of the marble painting, but dOnt like the way it clashes with the way the lower silver portion of the hilt. I think if the whole hilt looked like it was made of marble- that would be amazing. So it is just my personal taste. If you like the way it looks I encourage you not to change it based off of someone else's opinion...
    i'm actually torn on it myself... on the one hand, it's a nice scepter look, but on the other a marbled sleeve would be nice too... right now it's more of a PITA to redo than anything and that appeals to me quite a bit.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

I actually think it looks cool.. but maybe the sleeve needs something darker.. anyway awesome build

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria Dei View Post
    i'm actually torn on it myself... on the one hand, it's a nice scepter look, but on the other a marbled sleeve would be nice too... right now it's more of a PITA to redo than anything and that appeals to me quite a bit.
    Cool, if you do decide to repaint it, make sure and post a pic!
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Azmaria, you do great work. Being in tune with the elements myself, I fell the earth coming through. Just by looking at it, holding it would be something entirely different . Awesome build.

What about doing the overlay with a treebark pattern of somesort? The blue marble looks good, but a green marble with soft browns in a treebark overlay might look fantastic and match your "earth" theme for the saber. Just my .02 cents.

Cool

I like it a lot. But I must say, With that super bright blade I would more inclined to say it was the "Plasma Element" saber. It feels like I was looking into the sun there. Space telescopes can identify approximately when Azmaria Dei is on leave.

great paint job, and that is super bright. Excellent work
    A knowledgeable man knows he has limited knowledge.

That is a cool paint job. The brass thumb screws & the marble paint really compliment one another really well. What did use or how did you achieve the marble look?

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Midian View Post
    That is a cool paint job. The brass thumb screws & the marble paint really compliment one another really well. What did use or how did you achieve the marble look?
    i used my painting skills. ^_^ sore wa himitsu desu.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...