Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Azmaria's MHS6 - "Earth Element" Saber

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

Default Azmaria's MHS6 - "Earth Element" Saber

Earth Element Saber

Ceregan's Reach is technically the "Spirit" in the elemental series i'm working on. This is "Earth" for that same series. marbled upper parts with gold greeblies (which are there because i somehow destroyed the threads on another emitter, had to cut it out, and that destroyed the threads on the Mara DF so i had to just cut those out and secure it with 4 thumbscrews...) the covertec is on the backside and is the 4th screw holding the emitter on. i forgot to bring a resistor with me for the switch LED, so that still needs to be put in. the lower half has holes drilled all over the shrouded area. i probably should have added a vented pommel insert to make it a bit louder, but i have plenty of room for resonance and it has a nice deep hum, though it is a bit quiet... anyway, i know the shroud window is crooked on 2 of the lines - they're still parallel and i kinda like it like that, hence why i didn't redo the whole thing. as soon as i get my Lee filters i'll be dropping a light blue filter into it.

Specs
    MHS parts of course. the new sleeve material too. Obi econo board modified to drive a vibe motor. main switch is for main power - secondary is a mom switch for triggering the sound separate. the main LED is a CREE WWWW LED wired in parallel and resistored for 700mA each die. the whole thing is powered by one of my amazing scrapped laptop Li-Ion 18650 cells with a 6A PCB. recharge and kill key port in the pommel. i'm not sure how bright that LED is, but once i can see again i'll let everyone know.

and now for pictures! ^_^ enjoy!

Picasa album
    Last edited by Azmaria Dei; 01-02-2011 at 11:42 AM. Reason: added 3 more close-up pictures
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

holy-

I have a Cree white, but it seems that is no match for this. What lighting is that under?

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    holy-

I have a Cree white, but it seems that is no match for this. What lighting is that under?
    a well lit office with 16 double fluorescent tube lights spaced about 4-5 feet apart from each other. AKA, this room is almost as bright as day. ^_^

Smexy, and like always the paint-job is second to none
    Corbin_Das: If I got a tattoo below my waist, it'd say "Found someone you have I would say, hmmmm?"

My gosh that is bright! "the main LED is a CREE WWWW LED wired in parallel and resistored for 700mA each die", does this mean you brigged the (+)'s with the 700mA ^v^v resistors, or did you run individual resisted power to each die? Both ways work I guess... Bridgging seems the cheaper way to go, but mess wise???? You can PM me if you'd like, I am just curious. Great looking saber!

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

Quote Originally Posted by JRD1 View Post
    My gosh that is bright! "the main LED is a CREE WWWW LED wired in parallel and resistored for 700mA each die", does this mean you brigged the (+)'s with the 700mA ^v^v resistors, or did you run individual resisted power to each die? Both ways work I guess... Bridgging seems the cheaper way to go, but mess wise???? You can PM me if you'd like, I am just curious. Great looking saber!
    no worries. the power range calculation across the Vout of my Li-Ions was too wide and i would have had to have used a 20W .2 ohm resistor to run it safely. fortunately the mA range across a Li-Ion resistoring them with 1.2ohm 3W resistors individually is nowhere near as wide 4 resistors takes up a fair bit of room, but they fit next to the latching switch well enough. i did have to drill another wire hole in the heatsink though. i resistored them all on the LED+ side and just bridged them on the LED- side to cut down on the mass of wires just a bit. ^_^

Blog Entries

Great job, wonderful paint work again. Does have an "air" feeling to me over an "earth" feeling, but that may just be me. I look forward to seeing the rest of your work.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The paint job is most excellent- even though I dislike the look of it immensely, I can tell the amount of work you put into it. Well done. If it were me putting a marble look in a saber, I would do all or nothing... But that's just me.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

Quote Originally Posted by cardcollector View Post
    The paint job is most excellent- even though I dislike the look of it immensely, I can tell the amount of work you put into it. Well done. If it were me putting a marble look in a saber, I would do all or nothing... But that's just me.
    i'll tell you what then... if i do take apart the pommel and replace the insert with a different one (which will require a complete disassembly since i built it pommel up), i'll redo the paint on the sleeve to match, ok? and why do you dislike it immensely? this is the kind of feedback i want to hear so i can hopefully improve upon my skills.

Looks great Azmaria - and BRIGHT!! WOW is that BRIGHT!
    Yub Yub Commander.