Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro FX Board with Removable Blade Diagram

Thanks guys! How is a voltage regulator wired exactly? Between the battery pack and the soundboard, but what wires go where?

Quote Originally Posted by redeyejedi View Post
    Thanks guys! How is a voltage regulator wired exactly? Between the battery pack and the soundboard, but what wires go where?
    Have you tried searching the forum at all? I seriously don't mean this to come off as rude, but there's a topic just below this one in this very section that has wiring diagrams that include a voltage regulator set up:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...w-DVD-Tutorial

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    Have you tried searching the forum at all? I seriously don't mean this to come off as rude, but there's a topic just below this one in this very section that has wiring diagrams that include a voltage regulator set up:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...w-DVD-Tutorial
    It's ok. I've been reading the forums and never would have looked at that thread, because I'm not working with that kind of soundboard. Thanks for the link. I appreciate it and appologize if I'm annoying you or anyone else with all my questions. Thanks again.
    Last edited by redeyejedi; 12-19-2011 at 08:06 PM.

Is there any way to wire a buck puck to this board? Can you use the voltage regulator and a buck puck?
    Last edited by redeyejedi; 12-23-2011 at 08:22 PM.

Never mind guys. I tried it out and was not satisfied with the results. There was really no need for the buck puck or the 5v regulator. I used a 5V regulator and the brightness of the LED was not great, so I removed the regulator an just wired the battery pack directly to the board and used 4AAA rechargeable batteries. The brightness is awesome now! Board works great! Thanks soooo much Ryan for the diagram! Happy Holidays!

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread guys, but I searched this whole forum and couldent find the answer. where is the swing sensor supposed to be attached to? I see the clash in the diagram but not the swing.

On forceFX boards, the swing sensors are already mounted to the PCB, so you don't need to attach a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
    On forceFX boards, the swing sensors are already mounted to the PCB, so you don't need to attach a new one.
    Correct. You don't need to add any additional swing sensor(s).
    -Takanis-
    Simpi-Gon Sims (FX-Sabers Forums)

Okay thanks guys, that was fast! I am going to be buying the 4aaa battery and speaker combo from the store, do I need a resistor, it says it can handle 4.8 but I don't want to risk frying it, anyone know? thanks again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zed117 View Post
    Okay thanks guys, that was fast! I am going to be buying the 4aaa battery and speaker combo from the store, do I need a resistor, it says it can handle 4.8 but I don't want to risk frying it, anyone know? thanks again!!!
    If you use 4 rechargeable NiMH batteries (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/AA...tery-P475.aspx) you will be okay. It would probably be a good idea to use a resistor going to your main LED just to be safe (especially if you're using a red or amber LED). I wouldn't feel confident with using 4 "standard" AAA alkaline batteries in there. That would give you 6V which might be a problem for that board.

Happy Building!
    -Takanis-
    Simpi-Gon Sims (FX-Sabers Forums)