Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro FX Board with Removable Blade Diagram

Many thanks for the diagram, it has helped me greatly. The last part for me to finish is the clash sensor. Can I use the the clash within the obi removeable saber? Not sure where it is or how to hook it up. Are there any pics or diagrams to show me where and how to hook it up? Would it be easier & better to just to buy the clash sensor on TCSS and do a mounting board like yours? Thanks in advance from a Noob.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The clash sensor on this one is actually in the bottom of the blade. You can pull the blade out and cut the bottom of it off that has the sensor and use it or just use one from TCSS. It would be much easier to just use one from TCSS.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

I saw a video on youtube the obi wan does have episode 6 rotj luke sounds which is totally awesome, but the anakin does not... Since the rotj sounds are a lot nicer the obi wan removable blade might be a better buy than any other force fx ... Does someone know if there is an other force fx removable blade saber that does have the rotj sounds beside the obi wan? (As said the anakin does not...)

Obi sound --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70e2XPlehes
    Last edited by Marco; 06-15-2011 at 01:45 AM.

All the boards have different fonts. Personally the Obi and the Maul are my favourites.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

in the videos that i saw anakin and vader are the same as the fixed force fx namly the ep 3 sounds, obi is as mentioned above the superb rotj sound, I guess the maul also has the ep 3 sound or a new sith sound? So in the end only the obi has the so much wanted rotj sound (which by the way was always at least partially an argument to buy a cf) ???

Would be the wiring for an obi the same? I love that obi sound and since no one can answer me I guess I ll buy an obi ... or a cf?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyen Skytracker View Post
    Since there are so many differences with the Hasbro FX Board with Removable Blade, I thought a new wiring diagram is in order. It seems everything we were used to with the fixed blade FX board has been changed. Also, the pololu and lighthound boards will not work with this board. I spent 2 hours figuring that out. I used the same pololu board on a Yoda FX and it worked fine. The problem is with the removable bladed FX board switching the - instead of the + like the fixed blade ones do. The first thing I did was get rid of all the hot glue and resolder all the wires I needed myself. Hasbro has been known for sloppy soldering. Anyway, here is the diagram with a recharge port, illuminated AV switch, remote clash sensor and a single 18650 Li-Ion battery.

Here is a pic of the back side of the board. I jumpered the pre to the gnd and also I took a 2" piece of stripped wire, pre-tinned it and soldered it on L1 - L6. That way you don't have a bunch of wires in the way.

It looks like the resistor in this diagram is for the illuminated AV switch. Where would you put a resistor with a 6V 4AAA battery pack and a standard switch?

Will the board fry with 6V 4AAA battery pack set-up? Where do I put a resistor to prevent the board from frying?

Quote Originally Posted by redeyejedi View Post
    Will the board fry with 6V 4AAA battery pack set-up? Where do I put a resistor to prevent the board from frying?
    You wouldn't use a resistor for that, you'd use a voltage regulator. If these boards are anything like the older versions, though, you might not need one anyway. 6 volts is usually fine with these, but I have yet to use one myself. I'd recommend using a 5 volt regulator to be safe. You can usually get those at Radio Shack, if you have one near you. In the diagram, the regulator would go between the battery pack and the sound board, or if you use a recharge port, between the port and the sound board.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

6 Volts is the absolute limit and even with 6 Volts I have had one board fry. If your power source is over 6 Volts I recommend using a 5 Volt voltage regulator. I have since figured out a way that should allow us to use the pololu board with the removable blade boards, but it would need a SSR (solid state relay). I will post results as soon as I get a chance to test it. Basically what I am doing is using the SSR relay to swap the polority of the switch circuit so that it will work with the pololu board.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php