Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Darth Bane's Curved Lightsaber

Default Darth Bane's Curved Lightsaber

Darth Bane Curved Lightsaber

Not for sale

I’m not into the SW graphic novels at all, so my knowledge of Darth Bane comes from the brilliant writing of Drew Karpyshyn. For those who have read his novels, you will know that Darth Bane was given a special curved or “hooked” lightsaber by his Master on Korriban. This lightsaber fit Bane’s physically imposing style of fighting. Therefore it has always irritated me that the common Bane lightsaber showing up among saber enthusiasts was a straight saber hilt (as seen in the comics). This became my cause; to bring Darth Bane’s lightsaber to life, in keeping with Drew Karpyshyn’s vision.
    This lightsaber had to look both ancient and yet refined. It had to be curved, with elements that gave it a wicked “hook”. I wanted this saber to be unique in that it was clearly made to be wielded with two hands.
    Finding a way to simulate bone gave me a great opportunity to meld ancient and refined imagery. I set to work designing this saber around a curved metal handle, and a bone central grip. A natural looking ridge in the bone marked the balance point between both hands for a two-handed grip style. I was not satisfied with the curve in the metal handle, the design on paper did not look “hooked” enough. The swept aluminum tips, first on the emitter, then on the pommel too, gave the saber more beautiful curved lines and a mean, almost fang-like profile.
    Finally, I wanted the inside of the hilt to contain as much design as the outside. I created a crystal chamber, with most of the wiring run through the brass tubes. I integrated the bargraph with this crystal chassis, and made an LED pattern that simulates energy pulses. The opening also serves as an access point for the Micro SD card.

Specs:
    - CF 5
    - Modifed MHS parts
    - Red P4
    - Red SMD 7 segment bargraph
    - Rumble motor
    - Krayt Bone Handle
    - 7.4 volt CR 123 Battery Pack 750 mAh

Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvlsrYJv5nc

There is only one thing I can say really. This.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Blog Entries

I am on the third book now... This is the Bane saber I have wanted to see. Thank you for this. I will PM you my address so you can ship it to me... (not gonna work is it?) Spectacular job!!

This just exudes power, beautiful and deadly. Well done.
    With the Blast Shield down I can't even see.. how am I supposed to fight

Did I just see a CURVED battery pack... Madcow, I think... yeah.. "you did it again!!!"

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Great job on so many levels! I don't know if you know this... But it was your site that started me wanting to build custom lightsabers. It is good to see that while your sabers are few... they are incredible.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Thanks!

I don't post here as much anymore. But I like to drop in... and I like to show what you can do with MHS parts.

I too and a huge fan of the Drew Karpyshyn Darth Bane books. This is one outstanding saber and truely does this series justice.
    Yub Yub Commander.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

quite the beautiful build, though i'm hoping that's not real bone...
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Wow...Wow...Wow...I am at a loss for words. That is one of the best curved sabers I have had the pleasure of coming across. I like the light shining from under the bone part. Good Job.