Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Darth Bane's Curved Lightsaber

Buh...buh...buh...buh... *drools*
    Two there should be. No more. No less. One to embody the power, the other to crave it. -Darth Bane
    If a Luxeon III gets hot enough to melt...[hot]glue, something's wrong with your wiring! -Jay Gon Jinn

Man this i why i love this forum.
    Great work and bravo to your work.
    The Dark Side Feels Good.
    I Love The Power.
    You Cant Stop Me.
    I Will Kill You...

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    There is only one thing I can say really. This.
    I second this. That is exactlly how I pictured Banes saber. I read the first two Bane books, & know his saber as a curved hilt saber. You just set the standard for his curved hilt saber. Awesome job! If you don't mind me asking what did you use for the bone material?
    Last edited by Darth Midian; 01-02-2011 at 09:59 AM.

(not real bone)
    My "Krayt Bone" bone is simulated from a particular plastic that I can machine, dremmel, carve, treat, dye, etc. The funny thing is that it actually feels like bone.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

Quote Originally Posted by Madcow View Post
    (not real bone)
    My "Krayt Bone" bone is simulated from a particular plastic that I can machine, dremmel, carve, treat, dye, etc. The funny thing is that it actually feels like bone.
    /sigh of relief
    thanks ^_^ i thought you might have slaughtered and carved up some cow or someth... ok i'm going to hurl...
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Another wonderful sabre Madcow. You have an amazing ability to build the lightsabers we all can only picture in our imaginations. I would love to know how you mount those switches so close to the emitter.

Message sent from my mobile Commodore64

Quote Originally Posted by J73sport View Post
    I would love to know how you mount those switches so close to the emitter.
    That is his Personal Trade Secret.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Quote: Madcow [it has always irritated me that the common Bane lightsaber showing up among saber enthusiasts was a straight saber hilt]

Could not have said that better; as good as they are in their own way, the general bane sabers being put out there, are not bane sabers to me either. That said, with no clear description other than it being hooked, it is open to interpretation. MC; this is a great interpretation, the "bone" grip is very very good, it looks so natural, the saber is very clean, the front and rear hooks are awesome and it has a CF 5. Top saber and one of the most unique sabers I've seen in a while.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

Excellent build. Bravo Zulu.