Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Saber Crystals

Default Saber Crystals

I looked and couldn't find a thread like this, so I thought I post a question and a help...

Where do you folks find your nice saber crystals? I'd like several options, from fake to real, so that I can take a look at prices and options. There's a couple of places I've found that have crystals, and I'm sharing them below, but I wanted to know if there were others where you guys go to to purchase yours...

1) healingcrystals.com Double Terminated Quartz Point A Grade

2) ravencrystals.com POINTS

Dunno of this is worthy of a "sticky" but I think it would be nice to have a place where people have posted links to buy saber-quality crystals...

You should also be able to find a local place that stocks them, they are quite common.
    Wait, I do live in South Africa, where a lot of the World's quartz is mined, so I might be wrong.

Ebay is also good for cheap prices.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Post Crystal Option

Azure Green is a good reputable company that sells quarts crystals. They are a occult type store, and have a wide variety.
    http://www.azuregreen.net/Medium-Cry...uctinfo/GPAA2/
    Just got it today
    Last edited by Loachri MacTalabh; 12-31-2010 at 09:02 PM.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

i grew up in missouri... lots of crystals there too... in fact my mom just shipped me a 10 pound box of rocks like that for the holidays! ^_^

sithlordfaust has started making glass crystals with his awesome glass blowing skills as well.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

If you're so inclined, my good Captain, you can always make your own crystal. Chunks of polycarbonate or acrylic are great for it. I prefer making them because I can get exactly the look and FIT that I want for a project.

It's entirely preferential, of course, and most people prefer the real thing.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

i've used layered acrylic as well. glued it together in sheets and sanded it together.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Thanks to all!

eastern57, I am so inclined and have some acrylic dowels. A question I have is, how are you cutting and polishing your acrylic?

Thanks again!
    CMills

I think making your own is the way to go.
    I cant get into making them anymore as each person needs
    a custom sized one and there is no standard size.
    that and the work it takes to make a glass crystal is nowhere
    near efficient

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I have also gotten a large crystal and used a hammer and chisel to break it up and then shape it with a dimond cut off wheel with a dremel. You can get exact shapes and sizes that way too and it wi real quartz. The foggy looking quartz diffuses light better than the very clear ones do.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by captain_mills View Post
    Thanks to all!

eastern57, I am so inclined and have some acrylic dowels. A question I have is, how are you cutting and polishing your acrylic?

Thanks again!
    CMills
    Polished (clear) is nice, but it doesn't difuse the light very well... just goes right through. I have a ruler (.25" x .25") that's pretty good, except it's blue, if I had my druthers - it'd be colorless. I use files: a course one for shaping, and finer ones for "tuning". I like to keep (most of) the exterior hazed. TCSS doesn't stock the acrylic crystals anymore - sorry. You can find funny shapes and such at USplastics, tapplastics, lots of other places.