Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tribute by Orthus

Cool

Awesome gift. The force tells me your sis will appreciate all the time you put into this build.

I've seen a few of these done based on a pattern. I do believe this is probably the best one I've seen yet as well, even though others have actually made a fake clamp from scratch. It's one part worth investing in for sure because the clamps didn't look too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    I've seen a few of these done based on a pattern. I do believe this is probably the best one I've seen yet as well, even though others have actually made a fake clamp from scratch. It's one part worth investing in for sure because the clamps didn't look too good.
    Very nice indeed. The only comment I would make is that it is either too long, or the grips are a little short.
    Formerly known as Polarcupz

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."

Very nice - All these Graflex (and type) sabers make me want one.
    Yub Yub Commander.

I cut the sink tube too high. Basically, I laid out the tube based upon the Reflex pattern, then mis-measured the tube midpoint from the top of the emitter curve instead of the bottom. Thus the cut to make the two tube "halves" ended up being about 3/4" to 1" too high. In retrospect, I should have measured the grips and clamp from the bottom to determine the cut line.
    Last edited by Orthus; 01-05-2011 at 10:41 PM. Reason: grammar

ITs not bad tbh, the perportions actually look right where as the origional graflex looked off to me aswell.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics