Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Azmaria's MHS Saber - Ceregan's Reach

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

Default Azmaria's MHS Saber - Ceregan's Reach

Ceregan's Reach - An original Old Republic Era Saber

i'm calling her done for now. i still don't have any RGBW LEDs and my filters are still on order, but i do have a nice TCSS plastic disk filter thing that makes it a really nice light purple/pink color.

Specs
    MHS parts - the slide is a bit of a pain to operate because of wires down in the pommel getting pinched. the vader board is literally in the pommel sharing room with the purple LED there. woodgrain paint job by me - sloth provided valuable feedback on that. the secondary switch i replaced with a red recessed LED and i painted part of the old threads there. both the switch LED and that LED turn on when you pull the killkey. the battery pack is a pair of Li-Ion 14500s running in parallel for 3.7V. the crystal chamber has 2 blue, 1 red, and 1 blinky rainbow LED. main LED (for now) is a P4 white driven by the MR board. the blade set screw is angled slightly towards the switch box. the paint is all baked at almost every stage and clearcoated at least 3 times.

The name is a combination of Ceres and Morigan and the reach of the World Tree.

Backstory
    The wood handle is part of the world tree from her home planet. The wood in the control box is from her familial tree. The 'iron' parts are from salvage that off worlders brought from other worlds. The crystal is a layered transparent shale also common to her world, and uses a constant-variance beam to produce just the right color for her blade. The vented crystal chamber has vines and detailing painted to represent the living force growing from the heart of the saber into new life - the green choke and slightly flower shaped blade holder budding into the purple blade.

She joined the Jedi Order for 2 reasons. 1 - to learn of the Jedi traditions in the Force and bring that knowledge back to her world, and 2 - to bring the traditions of her world to the Jedi Order. Somewhere in all this, her home planet was attacked and ravaged by an unknown military for an unknown reason, but it is presumed that someone didn't like the vast number of Force sensitive people that her planet had (somewhat similar to Miraluka or Camassi homeworlds). She is one of very few survivors and has decided she can best serve her remaining people from within the Jedi Order. Most would see her as a Gray Jedi, as she prefers not to see the force in light and dark, but in shades of gray. Some see this as a dangerous thing as it opens her up to the dark side, but she replies back that to truly know the driving forces that you protect your charges from, it is best to look it in the eye and know what it wants.

^_^ Enjoy!

Picasa Album
    Split World Logs
    Last edited by Azmaria Dei; 12-31-2010 at 09:33 AM. Reason: adding in specs
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Blog Entries

Looks and sounds great. Keep up the wonderful work.

I like the combo of metal and wood it's interesting. Nice build!

Awesome. I agree with JRD1 about the combination of wood and metal. I am not too partial to pink/purple but it looks really good on this build. Look forward to seeing it with the different LED's and filters.

But where are the real specs? hmm?

Nice, and I'm working as fast as I can

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

LOL who said anything about wood? it's all aluminum - i painted that! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria Dei View Post
    LOL who said anything about wood? it's all aluminum - i painted that! ^_^
    Best'est compliment EVA'!! yeah its 100% metal my friend... and 101% amazing detail(with all precincts reporting, voting is closed).. Great job girl

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

added in the specs to the original post and i'll be taking some more detailed pictures later on.

wait, that's not wood?!? Wow... good painting skills!
    LOCKHEED

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I really like the wo- erm painted grip section.
    I really dislike the purple and red bands near the emmitter though... to me it make the saber look like a peice of candy...
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...