Thread: Couple PC questions

Default Couple PC questions

Hey all, these questions are maunly for Strydur but feel free to chime in with any thoughts.
    On the choke style 3, is it possible to only powder coat the middle portion? (the beveled or curved part) and leave the ends alone? Also, what about polishing the non PC parts of a piece? In the past I have polished pieces with a buffing wheel and compound on a bench grinder, would this need to be done before the powder coating? It seems to me that unless I was insanely careful and precise, it would frak up the powder coating finish. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    "Good must not be measured on a scale as small as Mr. Land's brash heroics. What he would do one day, he would gladly undo the next! To be of benefit goodness must be constant, forever building, it must have strength!" - Captain Nemo

You'll need to email Tim (Strydur) about that, but should be possible for him to do that powder coating. It's my understanding that he will PC the entire part, then put it back on the lathe to remove the PC from the undesired locations. Any polishing would need to be done after the PC in that case. I don't know if he offers a polishing service.

try the "contact us" at the tcss website He doesnt have a scheduled time for the forums so he may be here or not for days. I hope that helps

Wether or not Tim would do it or not is totally up to him, however I agree it would be easier to polish and cover the portions you want polished and PC after the fact... Just my 2 cents...

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It is my understanding that TCSS does not offer a polishing service at this time... You can always ask though.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...