Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wanted; Your Opinions On Saber Length.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

and sometimes your fighting style doesn't easily fit into these categories - i mainly use only 1 hand and prefer an 11-13 inch hilt. i grip it close to the emitter and use the rest as counterbalance and momentum for the blade...
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Quote Originally Posted by Loachri MacTalabh View Post

The average hand is 4" wide, In this picture Luke's two fists = 8". Looks like there is another 4" from fingers edge to end of Emitter, and 1" or so for the pommel. Lets do the math; Each fist-4"x2=8"+4"(for Emitter)+1.36"(length of MPS Pommel style 3 v2 from store)=13.36". So thinking 13 1/4/" is average length.
    The Luke ROTJ saber is approximately 10.5" in length. I have one, it doesn't feel that short to me. Top hand, I wrap my thumb around the lower choke and the rest of the hand on the grip section, and my lower hand grips below the box.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Thanks Cardcollector, That is what dgdve said to do. Well, sorta I have been doing that. I made this PVC sabar mostly to find a comfortable blade length.

The blacd is 32", the wrap is 8 3/4". The P.O.B. is 1 hand above the wrap, making 11".
    I put 6" of led in side the PVC under the the wrap. I guess I can make a hilt with the next size up and glue it together
    Everybody Thanks for your advice/input. I appreciate it.

Sounds as if your well on your way, I'm super glad that helped!(keep us all posted on your build) and good luck