Thread: Question about wiring in a Parksabers arc-wave?

Default Question about wiring in a Parksabers arc-wave?

A few nights ago, I was unscrewing my Parksaber hilt and ended up pulling the two wires in the hilt attached to the battery case off of the activation sensor, where I believe they had originally been soldered on. I can still get the saber to turn on and off plus do the strobe mode by touching the tips of the two wires together. My question for anyone with an arc-wave is, where the wires in fact originally soldered onto the back of the activation sensor and can I just get them resoldered back on to get it working right again? Or is there something different I need to do? Thank you for any and all help with this.

If you don't find an answer here, you can also try the fx-sabers forum. There is a specific board for Parks and he sometimes even answers threads himself, I believe.

Can you take a picture of the damage in question?

I will most likely be able to help you, I have one of these hilts.
    Could you please take a picture or two, to help us help you.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Yes, I'll try to take a picture of it tonight. Thanks for the help.

I took the picture, but I can't figure out how to get it from my Documents to this site or post. Can someone tell me how?

You can go to www.photobucket.com to make a free account and upload your image from there.
    You can select the option for the link that starts with [img] and ends with [ /img] to post the image on the forum. Please remember that the size limit for posting images is 600x800 pixels.

"You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m633/JediLenny/
    Here is a link to the picture, click on the picture to see it in normal size. The two wires coming out of the opening I believe were originally soldered onto the activation sensor lying next to the saber. In a ddition to touching the wires together, I can get it to work just by touching both wires at the same time with my fingers. Skottsaber, Thank you for all of your help.
    Last edited by JediLenny; 12-31-2010 at 12:53 PM.

Just as I suspected.
    I did the exact same thing on mine, just carefully solder the wires onto the card in the same place and it should be working perfectly again.

I thought that could be it, but I thought I'd make sure and ask people who are more knowledgable about this kind of thing than I am. I've got a friend with soldering experience who's going to re-solder it for me; Thank you again for all your help.