Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: StormTrooper costume.

Try a 52 long on the jacket and you see the problem that I have with stuff.[xx(]

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

Do-Clo you sure you don't play for the Buc's?

<center></center>

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Do-Clo

Try a 52 long on the jacket and you see the problem that I have with stuff.[xx(]

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Well, I'm only 5'8" and 220 lb. That's why I'm stocky... a 46" on someone at least 4" shorter than you (I remember you being 6" something).

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by desertscorpion

CD,

I, too, would be interested in all I could find on this topic. I haven't found it yet, but I wish someone out there would compile the directions for making all of the different types of armor, step-by-step. I enjoy the pictures from the conventions, etc., but I would like to have a reference on how to make just about all of the armored individuals in star wars. If you guys know of anything, let me know. I like the clone troopers from ROTS, especially, and I'd actually like to make some tweaked versions of vader's suit (one idea is a cross between vader and samurai armor, another is some special hoth armor for vader, and then a more heavily armored vader suit (more like black storm trooper armor with a cape and vader's helmet) that I would dub war armor.)
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

first i found this, its a site that shows you how to vacuum form a storrm trooper costume http://www.studiocreations.com/howto...per/index.html

this site allows you to buy a complete storm trooper outfit for 550 bucks. http://www.studiocreations.com/howto...forsale02.html

I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!....LOUD NOISES!!!
    www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I know that site, but that armor is inaccurate and unfinished in just about every sense. The helmet is even in pieces...[xx(]

</center>

Council Member
    Sith Lord

put together the armor looks pretty accurate to me. but it is kinda riduculous how many pieces it comes in.

At last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi, at last we will have revenge.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Well, that's where you have to know. The mid section with all the buttons. Those are WAY TOO BIG. Also a classic give away to it being sculpted as to opposed to being cast is the lack of the little lift on the left eye. Troopers would say it's an idealized version, it's close but not accurate to what you see on screen.

EDIT: read this http://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/realstormprops.htm

</center>

See I am gone from here for a little while and you all start talking about armor []

www.whitearmor.net is a new site just started by alot of the plain white TKs in the 501st. Xwing I believe you are looking for the aa/sds armor, this is made by shepperton design studio or ap armor, both of which is rather expensive not to mention hard to find.

As far as the FX kit, it can fit just about anyone and yes it does come in many pieces but the hardest part is the helmet the rest of the pieces go together rather easy. I think in total it took me 1 1/2 months to get mine where I wanted it.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=24 has a BUNCH of links to just about anything you could be looking for. Most of your local 501st garrisons would also have plenty of information on the building of the armor.

If you plan on trooping with the armor I highly recommend the FX armor as it is a little bigger and the bucket can accomidate all the little things that make you comfortable while trooping.

As far as a voice amp unit, you can usually find radio shack ones on ebay that most of the troopers use, but this ends up on the belt and IMHO looks out of place, there is a site www.skullworx.com that sells a unit that has the amp, fans, speakers, battery boxes and switches all in one unit contained in the bucket.

here are some photos:

<center></center>

Yeah, well if your willing to pay for what you get. When i say "Pay" I mean "pay alot" ........ well what im really trying to say is if your willing to pay out about $1,699.99 then i know where to direct you. When i seen the storm trooper costume that was complete with a fan and speakers I was drooling, but when i saw the price i was like the price tag is a stab through the heart! [xx(] . It was sappost to be completely assembled, with a spandex jumpsuit thingy.

Okay i found the link. I am going to post it (hopefully this isnt a bad thing to post links [], if it is i will take it down )

http://cgi.ebay.com/DELUXE-STORMTROO...QQcmdZViewItem

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Tazrob, Actaully I wasn't refering to AA/SDS armor. I know they are the standard but I was thinking AP armor or TE armor. But again this is dreaming.

I picked up one of the toy blasters to upgrade today... I guess that's a start.[]

</center>