Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: StormTrooper costume.

Do-Clo it looks like your going to have a BIG garrison. The Garrison Tyranus up here in Virginia looks good but it is not huge. I am dreaming again.[}]

<center></center>

do u guys know where i can get a voice projector?

I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!....LOUD NOISES!!!
    www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com

Council Member
    Sith Lord

ebay []

At last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi, at last we will have revenge.

This one works good but you have assemble it as it is a kit, http://store.qkits.com/moreinfo.cfm/MK171

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

CD,

I, too, would be interested in all I could find on this topic. I haven't found it yet, but I wish someone out there would compile the directions for making all of the different types of armor, step-by-step. I enjoy the pictures from the conventions, etc., but I would like to have a reference on how to make just about all of the armored individuals in star wars. If you guys know of anything, let me know. I like the clone troopers from ROTS, especially, and I'd actually like to make some tweaked versions of vader's suit (one idea is a cross between vader and samurai armor, another is some special hoth armor for vader, and then a more heavily armored vader suit (more like black storm trooper armor with a cape and vader's helmet) that I would dub war armor.)

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Check out the archived threads at the Replica Prop Forum(rpf.invisionzone.com). There are a few on the complete buildup of a stormtrooper. Most are based on buying armor pre-formed but the process will be the same.

I don't think I'll go down the vacuum forming route as it's tough and time consuming. I'll just but mine like 99% of people with trooper armor. Of course this is dreaming as I won't make that kind of money for years. That's way sabers aren't bad. They're cheap compared to other stuff.[:0]

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Xwing you can get some trooper armor for around $600 but it will have to be assembled not an easy task I hear.[]

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Well, the armor I've had in the back of my mind is in the $1000 range. There is a huge pissing controversy over who has accurate armor but I've heard reviews on quality vs. accuracy and have my ideal pick in mind.

The work is difficult for sure. I read the threads and it's very hard to get the look while having the fit. As a stocky guy a lot of the armor would have to be adjusted.

</center>

I am dealing with that on my Vader costume, making things fit right with my large frame and I am on the stocky side also, so I know what you mean. I don't think I would try a trooper myself as it will be a pain to make the armor fit me right.

<center></center>

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Exactly, the thread I read on it the guy had to shim the shin armor and he was no where near as large as me. I'd easily be 3" larger than that guys shin. Not to mention chest armor. I wear a 46" suit jacket in normal size because the short 46" doesn't fit my shoulders. It'd be an awful pain to do.[xx(]

</center>