Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Year of the Rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria Dei View Post
    that's a bit of a walk still... what about here? is this a shrine? it has the little symbol for it and it's right outside the walk through gate.

Shrine here?
    That looks like one of those teeny tiny shrines inhabited by sprites and maybe a Totoro. Is the only gate to the base on the southeast side? Zama Jinja is right next to the base, on the southwest side. Here's a collection of "noteworthy" shrines around the base. Suzuka Myoujin Sha looks pretty big. Hope this helps!
    There's always a bigger fish.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

Zama Jinja is practically right outside the main gate at the end of the tunnel! that's insanely close! thanks Matt. ^_^ it seems i once again owe you.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Happy New Years!!
    It's almost here!!
    Awesome card Jedi Master Matt Thorn. Do you mind if I send a copy to my family?? They mostly live in Tsu but I have my cousins that live in Tokyo.
    Can one really encounter "tengu" at the shrines in Isobe?
    I feel for ya this year. Hopefully next year will be better. Scratch that last comment- I sincerely believe that this coming year will bring many good things for you and all(like big fish). Yosh!!
    Once again have a great/safe New Year; well not too safe. And hopefully I can catch up with you guys 2012 when plan to come out anytime between Feb.-April.
    P.S.-How is it flying into Nippon with a light saber; any problems????

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

the hilt is carry-on according to TSA.

Just one, Az?

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by Salohcin0083 View Post
    Happy New Years!!
    It's almost here!!
    Awesome card Jedi Master Matt Thorn. Do you mind if I send a copy to my family?? They mostly live in Tsu but I have my cousins that live in Tokyo.
    Sure, though they may find it puzzling.
    Can one really encounter "tengu" at the shrines in Isobe?
    Of course! But you have to believe them in order to see them. (-_^)
    I feel for ya this year. Hopefully next year will be better. Scratch that last comment- I sincerely believe that this coming year will bring many good things for you and all(like big fish). Yosh!!
    Once again have a great/safe New Year; well not too safe. And hopefully I can catch up with you guys 2012 when plan to come out anytime between Feb.-April.
    P.S.-How is it flying into Nippon with a light saber; any problems????
    I seem to remember that I had Do-Clo ship my Qui-Gon to my mom's house, then took it back to Japan in my luggage, but I don't recall clearly. But these days I imagine having any kind of electronic device of an unusual nature will pose a bit of a hassle at the airport.
    There's always a bigger fish.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight

http://contact.tsa.dhs.gov/mytsa/cib...?src=tsadotgov

this says you can bring them. ^_^

as for seeing tengu and the like, i saw a tanuki over by the library a few nights ago. i didn't see what book he had though - he was in a bit of a hurry.

Yes, lightsabers can be carried on board. They're classified as a toy. It's no more dangerous than a maglite.

That being said, the TSA agent is very likely to want to take a look at the metal cylinder full of wires and circuit boards. You'll probably have to turn it on to show them it's not a pipe bomb (and get a few odd looks when you do)

There are a few regulations regarding lithium batteries that you should check out. http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...batteries.shtm TLDR version of the link: Don't pack loose li-ion batteries in your checked luggage, and ensure your saber is prevented from accidentally turning on.

Cool.
    Good to know about the batteries/saber.
    I saw on the TSA app. that it was OK to bring but I didn't know if anyone had any bad experiences with bringing it into another country. I don't mind showing the attendant what it is but to be detained and searched would be most aggravating. I could imagine the feeling of taking a 22+ hour flight to paradise only to be detained at the gates to clarify with someone that this object could not hurt anyone any more so than a bokken.
    Anyway good luck with the Tanuki Azmaria Dei. I can't wait to test my skill on tengu!!
    How does everyone feel about a 10 second countdown to new years using activated/deactivated light sabers to represent the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Azmaria Dei View Post
    http://contact.tsa.dhs.gov/mytsa/cib...?src=tsadotgov
    as for seeing tengu and the like, i saw a tanuki over by the library a few nights ago. i didn't see what book he had though - he was in a bit of a hurry.
    Its times like these that I feel that America (in general) has a very boring culture.
    Yub Yub Commander.