Thread: Saber switch tosses, spinning during dueling and breaking timing - by Caine

Default Saber switch tosses, spinning during dueling and breaking timing - by Caine

Happy Holidays, folks!

The past few months have seen some pretty cool posts and discussions on FX-Sabers on this topic, and it's always great to hear other people's perspectives and experiences with their dueling and saberplay. I just thought I would elaborate on my views on certain topics that have been brought up to give you all some more insight on my style of saber combat, and how the techniques are tangible to real martial arts. For example:

Switch tosses can be used in a duel.
    Spins have their places in duels, too.
    How these break an opponent's timing, and how that is translated from sport martial arts.

All these techniques (and MUCH more) will be taught in detail on mine and Novastar's Saber Combat DVD, which will be released sometime in 2011.

and of course....I like a good discussion, so please comment away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFWrSASiN6o

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

cool video. you explain how the flourish and spin could be used in real fighting very well. Now i need to get my wife to practice with me.
    jus like you said: "life's short... saberplay HARD!"

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

i just saw the subscription warning and watched it. ^_^ very nice and informative. thanks for all the info! i look forward to your DVD coming out soon.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...