Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Graflex conversion questions... and plenty of em

Default Graflex conversion questions... and plenty of em

I had intended to get an UltraFX, but I found I had just a tiny bit more money than I believed, and I'd like to build one myself, so...

With the conversion kit here, what else will I need? A blade, a blade holder (graflex led adapter, I assume), an LED, a saber driver, and a switch... And that's it? It seems Graflexshop has two seperate parts instead of one, a blade holder and a LED holder, which will cost twice as much. Why is that?

Can I add a MR soundboard to a converted Graflex? If so, where will the chip go, and where will I fit the speaker?

Can I drill a hole in the side of a graflex for a new switch's wires to come out (mount the switch where the calculator bubbles go) without upsetting the battery functions? Can I put the speaker under that, or..?

Sorry for all the questions, please help me out!

Ok where to start

You will need a replica graflex or an orignal graflex flash handle

The graflex kit sold here has the blade holder and led holder / heatsink in one unit saves space

You will need a 3 watt led, a on/off switch, a battery holder, and a led driver of choice
    resisitor to limit current, corbin's driver or a MR sound board see tutorials for more info

a 1 inch diameter polycarbonate blade see tutorials and thred index for info on building your blade

Check with corbins componets as he has a on/off switch that would replace the red top button on the graflex flash

You mount the sound and batteries in what ever manor will fit inside the hilt.

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

Tim's piece is a bit different then Corbin/Graflex piece but they do the same job. I am doing a replica Graflex due to the high cost of the originals. One other thing to add to Do-Clo's fine list is you will need the "bling" meaning the grip strips and belt ring http://thecustomsabershop.com/sabers...?idCategory=20 and then what ever strip to do the clamp. I actually have two Graflexs that are on the list, one will be an EL that I am going to go custom on and the other will be a LED replica of either EP4 or EP5. Good luck and check with corbin on the button I still need to order mine.

<center></center>

Darn forgot the grips and belt clip, []

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

Don't worry Master, I got your back[]

<center></center>

Thanks for the quick responses.

I plan on using Corbin's red button. Don't worry about the flash unit or any of the related parts (grips, D ring, LED bubbles), I got those covered.

So, if I use TCSS's graflex mount, get a 3-watt Lux, Corbin's button, a blade, and a driver, what else do I need?

Will the original flash itself function as a battery compartment, or do I need one that goes inside that?

Where do I put the sound module? Is the MR module a chip and a speaker? Where might I place those?

I also plan to drill and tap a small hole under where the flash attachment ring goes, and replace the calculator bubble with one of Corbin's power indicators, and run the wire for it into that hole and up. Could I put the speaker/sound module under that?

Hey are you on TFN Props board too? I just posted something there as well. if so I will just continue from here.

<center></center>

Thanks. I just posted my remaining questions there.

Saw it, here there anywhere[]

This is my main hangout, I peek in the TFN every now and then since that is where my local board is on.

<center></center>

One more question over at TFN. Then, I think I'll go on and order the stuff I need.