Been on here just about a year, and I just now finished my first MHS builds. I did a few sink tube sabers first to get the basics of soldering and dremmeling down. I've watched closely and stolen a lot of good ideas, I'm sure you can see that in some of the design work. In my rush to get these together I made mistakes, but creative thinking and a little adapting made it all work. Next time I will definitely screw everything together with the optics in place before drilling haha.

Both are using Jedi MR boards powered by 18650 3.7 Li-ions with illuminated anti vandal switches. Both were weathered using aluminum black. I then used flat black spray enamel and sanded it off in key spots to look used. A nice baked on coat of matte clear coat keeps it protected. The aluminum black is pretty nasty stuff, I'll probably just use paint next time. Thanks equinox for mentioning that you got your batteries out of dead laptops, now I have a drawer full of batteries ready to go.

Up first is an Obi inspired saber with a Rebel blue LED. When I first lit it up I was bummed it was such a light blue compared to my MR AOTC obi. I got over that quickly and now I love the cyan like color. I'm using a thick walled trans-white blade with a bit of clear wrapping paper.

Next up is a sith inspired saber running a red P4. The blacking process was way more intense at first, but most of it rubbed off on my hands. Excitement got the best of me and I set it up without a resister, man that was a bright two seconds. I didn't put the heatsink and optics in when I was drilling my switch hole and it ended up being smack dab in the middle of the heatsink. I had to dremmel a bit off for it to fit. With this saber I had an idea to use a radio shack 7 color LED and instead of hooking it up to a momentary switch I'd use the clash sensor to trigger the color changes. Since this board has power going through the sensor leads, that either cancelled out the clash sensor or shorted out the board, turning it off. So I just have it setup to cycle and stay red.

Here's a video showing both:
http://www.youtube.com/jordandau#p/a/u/0/IOGfIl2FdiU