Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Slothfurnace's ROTJ Luke Saber - Crystal Chamber, Thin Neck, Detachable Blade

DANGIT Sloth!! You're setting the bar too high!

I'm in the middle of building one of these too using MHS pieces...
    <sigh>....

I *really* need to get my own lathe one of these days...
    <double sigh>
    LOCKHEED

Red face

I saw this on the shoutbox and anxiously awaited this thread. I'm now in tears because of the beauty of that saber; I can't get my jaw off the ground, either. Just...awesome.
    Two there should be. No more. No less. One to embody the power, the other to crave it. -Darth Bane
    If a Luxeon III gets hot enough to melt...[hot]glue, something's wrong with your wiring! -Jay Gon Jinn

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

i'm generally not a fan of a lot of the original trilogy saber designs, but you've created an exquisite mastering of one that i don't think Yoda could have done nearly as well building. i can't wait to see what you do on the other sabers you're working on. ^_^
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Wow! Just... wow!.

I don't don't know how you do it but please, keep on doin' it. Truly extraordinary craftmanship.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Scanning pictures..
    Processing text..

~Awesome overload

System damaged, shutting down..
    /restart

WOW!!! MAN, DUDE THAT THING IS INSANE!!! INSANE!!!

The pommel twist lock is too awesome and everything's just too awesome and.. EVERYTHING

EPIC

I am proud to say I was here and saw this... I've now been witness to the next level and can die in peace........

Wow, thank you everybody! This project has been a rollercoaster! Thanks to Fog, Rhyen and Equi for all the moral support!

Dec 24, 2010 - Finally presentable to the customer. Will revisit the control box LEDs and paint the button after the holiday.

The blade is brighter than any saber I have ever seen. My eyes!

This has been almost two months of the hardest work I have done in a long time to get it ready for Christmas. My third saber, and I am still learning so much.

Compared to my first crystal chamber, it was a lot more difficult to get all that detail into a one inch diameter space instead of a one and a half inch. The springloaded chamber mechanism and lock also provided a giant challenge.

And here we have all three Luke sabers.

Vids -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04zJeHIBBfM - Blade attached

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3xxuGeLZcg - Crystal chamber mechanism and non bladed emitter installed.
    Last edited by slothfurnace; 12-24-2010 at 09:57 AM.

CordaroyFog: you know, its really mean to set the bar that high.

Another awesome show piece. There are a lot of things to admire about this hilt. Great work. Thanks for taking the time to show us how you solved the various difficult challenges in this hilt design.

Could you tell what leds you used for this blade?

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

are you sure you didn't just select where the blade was and replace it with high intensity white in the photo? ^_^ seriously awesome though.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

I really am astonished at all of your projects. First it’s the ANH Graflex with beyond amazing crystal chamber. Next it’s the Consular with the amazing attention to detail (waiting for update soon please). Next it’s the Derelict, which I’m sure will be another work of art. And now the Luke ROTJ, another excellent inspirational piece of work.

Message sent from my mobile Commodore64