Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Woo! First saber!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

this is weird, i have NEVER had problems with ups []

At last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi, at last we will have revenge.

Sure you have. You were just so horrendously scarred by that event that your brain repressed that traumatic memory.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Misato Katsuragi: The one who deserves to survive is the one who has the will to do so.
    -Neon Genesis Evangelion

Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein
    -Rammstein
    Contains 100% your daily recommended dose of Laughing Man

Wednesday can NOT come fast enough!

Congrats! What's that quote? "You've just taken a step into a much larger world."

As for the girlfriend troubles... Sucks to be you. XD
    This is why I only date geeks and nerds. You can pack SO much ***ual inuendo into conversaions about lightsabers.

If you're like me, then lightsabers will be like crack. You'll finish this one and have a billion ideas on how to tweak, imrpove and make one better than your first. And, you will. With each one, you'll learn techniques and rules of thumb to help you make something truly bad-ass.

Some things you'll learn fast:
    1) People at hardware stores can give you the weirdest looks for the simplest things. "Where do you keep thumbscrews?" can lead to a 10-minute "what the hell is a thumbscrew?" conversation.
    2) 1.5" chrome tubes can fit in 1.25" PVC (130 psi?) ... I know this defies physics and common sense, but it's true.
    3) Do not look right at the LED the first time you turn it on. It will only lead to pain.
    4) Do not touch any exposed metal along the circut as you try out the battery. It leads to similar pain.
    5) Singing as you build/drill/tap/solder/etc will get odd looks from those around you but makes things a lot more fun.
    6) Practice fancy moves in private before you try in front of your friends. Saves you the embarassment of messing up and smacking yourself in the face.

1 happeneed, but it was more of a 5-minute conversation.
    2 lead to an argument with the Home Depot guy.
    3 ... Did that.
    4 ... Did that, too.
    5 I always do this! I think it helps put my spirit in my weapon.
    6 ... Did this one, too.

~~~~~~~~
    Support a starving artist:
    http://archammer2.deviantart.com

Council Member
    Sith Lord

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Sure you have. You were just so horrendously scarred by that event that your brain repressed that traumatic memory.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

nope, ups has always worked for me. [8D]

archammer, can you see alright, after looking into a 3W you should be blind [B)]

I thought it was something else that made you go blind.[}]

<center></center>

Council Member
    Sith Lord

like what? why wouldn't a super bright led blind you [B)][][]

I recently did an interesting spin move with a vader saber, only to have it fly out of my hand and hit me in the face...then magically land BACK into the same hand...I totally meant to do it.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

nice, i did one where it "slipped" out of my hand and flew right onto my bed, no harm done. i meant to do that one too []

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by archammer2

Some things you'll learn fast:
    1) People at hardware stores can give you the weirdest looks for the simplest things. "Where do you keep thumbscrews?" can lead to a 10-minute "what the hell is a thumbscrew?" conversation.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

nah, not me, they know me so well, they say when i walk in the door, its the vader lightsaber guy. theyve seen my sabers after im done, and they go nuts i built it with parts from a hardware store.

<center></center>

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...