Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Woo! First saber!

All you need is a drill and soldering iron really. Maybe a hot glue gun to take the rattle out of the guts when you're swinging it around like a maniac.

Seriously, it's ALOT easier than it looks. I'd say the hardest part is doing small custom details. Cutting and polishing/painting an outer sink tube sleeve, adding rivets, crystal chambers (sounds difficult as hell), and other things like that. Buying the MHS stuff from Tim is easy. Open the box, put it together, and you're ready to hack off some Wampa arms.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Drewbacca

...Open the box, put it together, and you're ready to hack off some Wampa arms.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Dude! What store did you get your saber from???

Mine doesn't take off lims, it just hurts like a Mo-Fo!!! [B)]

[]

Have you read your Thread Index today?
    FAQ
    Official Designated TCSS Jester!

It really isn't as bad as it seems. The only time people really get tricked up is adding sound or using driver boards. With the battery/switch/resistor/LED setup in a MHS kit there is not a lot to go wrong. Truth is I think that the main reason that LED has jumped out ahead of EL so far has more to do with ease then anything else. I come from an electronics/wiring background so EL wire was never intimidating to me but for the average folks that hardly or never used a solder iron it tended to be a P.I.T.A. Just my random thoughts on the deal, truth is when you build your first saber you will be really proud of it and you will also gain a higher level of respect for these guys thst make these really incredible hilts and push for new design technology.

<center></center>

Well said, James

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

Thank you Do-Clo.

Firebird, DUDE! you are supposed to keep the MHS and let the other person use the FX. That way they take the beatin[B)][]

<center></center>

Gah! Tim needs a next day air option!

I like using USPS when that is avalible, they can get my orders across country in 2-3 days and UPS takes pretty much a week every time.

<center></center>

Yea I ordered at like 5am on Friday...So yea....stupid mail.

ordered friday, shipped the following wednesday