Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Silver Serpent's "Cerastes"

Computer kill key in a saber... nice.

I still have two versions of those on my secondary keyring (I carry lots of keys). Odds are, one of them will "unlock" your saber, lol.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Ok.. I'm digging the trim rings with the kill key.. Very nice job

Cool idea though I have to ask, can you remove the key once you've turned the saber on?

Yes, the key is removable in both positions. I can just keep the key on my keyring during conventions. I kept the saber running last night after a full charge, and it remained on for an hour without issues. I'm sure with just the switch LED on, it'll last most of the day. I won't need to keep fumbling for the key to show off the saber.

My only real gripe about the keylock is that it has a black plastic housing, and doesn't really match well with the shiny AV switch. It works well though, and is a little shorter in height than the AV switches, so I can use it anywhere an AV switch would go.

Thanks for the complements all! Now it's time to start planning out another one. I'm thinking something with the Mara Jade grips...

Blue o-rings can be found here..........http://www.mcmaster.com/#o-rings/=a9smxy

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

Arm on Fire, since TCSS sells O-rings i don't think you can link to there...
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

That is correct. And I believe the link in your signature to your website is not allowed, either.

GUYS! CHILL!

The forum rule repeated:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rulebook
    Soliciting sales – Sales are not allowed on the forums! Tim does not condone any buying or selling, both publicly and via PMs. Remember, he CAN read all of your private messages. This includes linking to eBay for your own sales (without Tim's approval).
    This is direct selling of items. Not a link in a sig that has been around for a few years. He also posted a link to where you could buy an item, not selling it. The TCSS O-rings are stocked as a size that fits over MHS, Silver Serpent needs an O-Ring for his switch.

Please calm down a bit on the soliciting rule.

[/rant]

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Well, actually I was looking for the same type o-rings that TCSS sells, except in blue (which Tim doesn't appear to stock). The site posted above does have them in blue, but they're stupidly expensive (~$5 for a pair before shipping!?!) due to the material they use. I have found sources besides the one listed above, but I just never got around to ordering any.

Maybe one day Tim will stock the o-rings in blue. I'd much rather send him my money anyhow.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

there are blue O-rings in the MHS builder... does this mean Tim used to stock them and doesn't now?
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...