Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Silver Serpent's "Cerastes"

Default Silver Serpent's "Cerastes"

This is my 2nd MHS, and my new personal saber. It was originally intended to have blue O-rings in the grooves, but those have proven rather difficult to locate (painting O-rings didn't work well either). Internals include: Blue P4 LED, econo Obi board, 3.7v li-ion battery with recharge in pommel.

This was my first time wiring in a rechargeable system, and I was a bit nervous when I touched the iron to my battery. Everything went well, got a good solid connection.

For those wondering about the 2nd item on the switch box, that is a keylock switch. Yes, my saber has a real key for a killkey I can either switch that, or plug a dummy plug into the recharge port to kill power to the saber. It's set up so that the illuminated switch lights up anytime there is power to the board.

The two AV sized switches took up a good bit of room, and I wasn't able to go NiMH like I had originally planned either. There just wasn't anywhere I could fit 4 AA batteries without putting the switches on the ribbed section. Ahh well, I now have a set of batteries and charger for a later saber.

The blade plug is one of ARKM's razor blade plugs, and looks fantastic in there.

I am thrilled to have this one completed in time for Christmas. Now I have something I can use when I duel with the wife

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

very nicely done. i have to ask about the keylock though - what gave you that idea?
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Way back in the day, when computer speed was still measured in MHz instead of GHz, they used to include a little keylock on the front to lock the keyboard when not in use. Password protected screensavers weren't really the norm back then, so some other form of security was used. I thought this would make a good throwback to my earlier computer days, as well as keep unauthorized people from draining my saber batteries.

Very nice. The trim rings really add to the "upmarket" feel of this saber. In my opinion the blue orings would've detracted from that. I always like to leave machined sections untouched and only add orings to plain areas for texture.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Don't loose the key
    Or its rewiring time.

(Why not just plug in a new keyboard?)

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

I already thought of that Skott. Bought two switches that were keyed the same. I have a spare

And the switch on the computer would actually send a signal to the motherboard to disable the keyboard port. Of course, anyone with a screwdriver could just open the case and unplug the switch if they really wanted to get access.

Blog Entries

Love the key idea. Great looking saber.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    Of course, anyone with a screwdriver could just open the case and unplug the switch if they really wanted to get access.
    which is why they made case cover locks on the back. ^_^
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Nothing a chainsaw can't fix

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Looks great!
    Yub Yub Commander.