Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Plasma Tube

Quote Originally Posted by cannibal869 View Post
    LOL thanks my friend - this project is slightly on the back burner since I think I need to make the hilt out of PVC for this to be a feasable build.
    Well, yeah, the parts immediately surrounding the tube could not be metal. I'm thinking of 3D-printing in a non-metal medium at Shapways.com.

Quote Originally Posted by cannibal869 View Post
    I hope all is well with you - you're still in Japan?
    Thanks for your concern. My part of Japan (Kyoto) has not been directly affected by either the tsunami or the nuclear meltdown, but the whole economy has taken a serious blow. This is certainly the worst thing that's happened to Japan since the bombing of Nagasaki. I did a charity auction here in Japan of an ANH Obi-Wan I made (and which I gave the corny name of "A New Hope") that earned 71,707 yen (about US $870) for the Japan Red Cross. Here are photos and a video.
    There's always a bigger fish.

That is a nice plasma tube. Hopefully, someday science will someday allow plasma to function under standard atmospheric conditions. Do lightsabers work underwater?

Holy necro-post!

In answer to your question, yes underwater sabers have been built before.

-C
    LOCKHEED

I would love to get a chance to incorporate one of these in a saber. probably for display only. thunderballod0.jpgthunderball1.jpg
    "The force alone is my ally, and it shall guide me to my destiny."

Quote Originally Posted by Revan View Post
    I would love to get a chance to incorporate one of these in a saber. probably for display only. thunderballod0.jpgthunderball1.jpg
    THAT would be a sick crystal chamber !
    I can light a small city with my board

Indeed. Maybe surround the globe with several thin quartz crystals, add an accent LED to the base of those crystals inside a 3 window MHS extension. Would make a pretty sick display saber.