Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Plasma Tube

Sorry I just replied.

The jetpack is roughly 100" wide and 48" tall. It is powered by two 36" ducted, 4 bladed fans. The engine is a Rotax 503 and the fuel is Premium Unleaded gasoline. The maximum speed is 50 mph and it's range is about 50 miles. Maximum altitude is approxiamtely 7,000ft above sea level. It consumes 3 gallons of fuel per hour (it's maximum amount of fuel you can store in it). The empty weight is about 150lbs. and it's useful payload is about 205 lbs. Our prototype unit is currently being redesigned and is still under development. Flight testing should begin soon. Pricing has not yet been determined but will depend greatly on insurance concerns so we are unable to make an estimate of the retail price at this time. We will have videos posted as soon as the testing is complete.

Last edited by Sunrider; 02-10-2011 at 10:23 PM.

Didn't the Mythbusters completely kill that thing?

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

i emailed you sunrider.

and yeah, tht picture looks like a really bad photoshop job. especially since i've used fan casings in equipment that look just like those fans strapped to him...
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Seriously? WT* people... get your own thread
    LOCKHEED

Sorry. Don't give up on your sound board jamming devise. btw

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    Sorry I just replied.

The jetpack is roughly 100" wide and 48" tall. It is powered by two 36" ducted, 4 bladed fans. The engine is a Rotax 503 and the fuel is Premium Unleaded gasoline. The maximum speed is 50 mph and it's range is about 50 miles. Maximum altitude is approxiamtely 7,000ft above sea level. It consumes 3 gallons of fuel per hour (it's maximum amount of fuel you can store in it). The empty weight is about 150lbs. and it's useful payload is about 205 lbs. Our prototype unit is currently being redesigned and is still under development. Flight testing should begin soon. Pricing has not yet been determined but will depend greatly on insurance concerns so we are unable to make an estimate of the retail price at this time. We will have videos posted as soon as the testing is complete.

there is a REAL new zealand made hover pack in its pre-production stages. its called the martin jetpack. It has a 200bhp 2.0ltr v2 engine.

heres the link to the youtube vid.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtI1GP147Cs
    and yes its a REAL JETPACK!
    }---------------{
    ]-----------------"Fullmerge Benzin"----------------------------------------:Beware of the dark side:--------------------------------------- "Fierfek"--------------------------------[

Quote Originally Posted by cannibal869 View Post
    Seriously? WT* people... get your own thread
    invisibletext

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    Sorry. Don't give up on your sound board jamming devise. btw
    i second that. ^_^ maybe you can make one powerful enough to take down a computer. ^_^
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Cannibal, that plasma tube is sweet, and it seems more practical for sabersmithing than the 2" diameter Pilot Automotive Thunder Ball Plasma Pendant (IP-140PL) I got last year and have yet to do anything with. Does the tube have a clunky transformer? The transformer mine came with is almost 2"x1"x1". Pilot's newer "Thunder Ball Mood Light" (IP-139PL) seems like a more compact version of the same product.
    There's always a bigger fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Thorn View Post
    Cannibal, that plasma tube is sweet, and it seems more practical for sabersmithing than the 2" diameter Pilot Automotive Thunder Ball Plasma Pendant (IP-140PL) I got last year and have yet to do anything with. Does the tube have a clunky transformer? The transformer mine came with is almost 2"x1"x1". Pilot's newer "Thunder Ball Mood Light" (IP-139PL) seems like a more compact version of the same product.
    LOL thanks my friend - this project is slightly on the back burner since I think I need to make the hilt out of PVC for this to be a feasable build. And yes, the newer mood light looks like something I may have to investigate, especially if that transformer is smaller, which it appears to be Good find!

I hope all is well with you - you're still in Japan?

-C
    Last edited by cannibal869; 04-18-2011 at 11:42 PM.
    LOCKHEED