Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My "other" hobby...Lunar Eclipse pictures

Default My "other" hobby...Lunar Eclipse pictures

Hey all. Just thought I'd share some photos I took of the lunar eclipse last night through my telescope. Aside from sabers, I am an amateur astronomer and rookie astrophotographer. I hope you enjoy the pics.

Thanks for looking.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bryanc53/5280707187/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bryanc53/5280398407/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bryanc53/5281005496/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bryanc53/5280413009/
    Last edited by Jasten Skywalker; 12-21-2010 at 03:17 PM.

Last 3 pics are the same link

ROOKIE!?!?! Those pictures are amazing!
    Thanks for sharing those (No eclipse in Africa lol)

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Blog Entries

Great pics... I am not so sure that a $2000+ camera lets you still live in the amateur class, and I know for sure the quality of those photos do not let you still claim amateur status. Very impressive.

Very cool pics!
    LOCKHEED

Oops! Thanks for pointing that out. Fixed.

I've really only just started to attempt astrophotography. It's pretty demanding so far, but I really enjoy it. The camera wasn't over 2K, but it was a little pricier than I had hoped. It was the most economical choice for a camera that was weather sealed and had modern functions. You see, everything gets covered in dew when your out in the field in the overnight hours. Moisture and electronics don't mix, so I had to go that route.
    I really appreciate the compliments! I can't wait to successfully tackle some tough DSO's with my telescope and camera.

Excellent detail. Very cool, indeed!

Blog Entries

What lens are you using on that camera? (I know the $2k price is high for the body, but dang nice camera body you are using)

I'm using my telescope as a lens for the pictures you see. It's a 14" Celestron C-14 Schmidt Cassegrain telescope. It's the equivalent of having a 3910mm lens on the camera. lol. Actually, with the 1.6x crop factor of the camera, it's like having a 6256mm lens. I have an adapter that connects to the camera body which slides into the diagonal of my scope.

As far as lenses go, my walkaround lens for everyday shooting is a Tamron 18-270mm. The only other lens that I own is a Canon EF 10-22mm wide angle that I use for landscapes and the like.

Blog Entries

Nice setup!! I have been looking for a good everyday lens, I will look into that Tamron.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

1 - that's the camera body i'm saving for!
    2 - that's awesome! a blood red lunar eclipse is rare enough, and i missed it here in Japan so thanks for sharing your photos. ^_^
    3 - you're still considered amateur until you get L series glass - but you have the skill and luck already! ^_^
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...