Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Translator by Rhyen Skytracker

you are my hero ... i honestly love it i really like the emmiter and the colors very nice .. im jealous

Wade, that is very bright, & very loud. That's a great looking saber. I was wondering though, if you are using the old force action board, how come you're using the transistor? I thought the old force action boards could power the leds with out a resistor?

IIRC the old ones still only put out a half decent 300 or so Ma. Enough to light an LED, but nowhere near as bright as this.
    I think before the transistor people used a relay for brighter blades.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That is correct Skott. The older econo boards only put out around 250 - 350 mA and would light up certian LEDs but not to their full brightness. We did used to use relays to switch the battery power through the econo board output like the transistor, but the transistor is way easier to wire and is more reliable than the relays.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

OK, cool. I didn't really know that. Thank you. I've only used 4 force action boards. One with blue Lux III, & three with white p4's. They seem plenty bright but for future builds I now know. I'm always learning. Thank you, & Merry Christmas to everyone.