Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Removable Blade wiring help

Default Removable Blade wiring help

I am currently attempting a luxeon conversion on my removable blade anakin. Most of the steps are the same as the fixed blade version but I hit a little snag with the wiring.

Here are two pics of the base of the blade.

There wires are labeled this way on the pcb.

1- brown
    2- red
    3- orange
    4- yellow
    5- green
    6- blue
    Ground- Grey
    Impact- white

I figure out 1 to 6 are the negative wires so does that make the ground wire positive?

Also, I know one wire is supposed to go to the clash sensor but where is the other wire from the clash sensor to the led? I couldn't figure out where it it is for the life of me.

This is the last step I need to figure out before I proceed to wire everything up. Thanks.

Well correct me if I'm wrong but you only actually need the clash sensor from that mess... so you could just replace it, if you cant figure it out.. great to see inside one of the new blades TYTY and yeah (I'm thinking the green thing is the clash sensor), but since I've yet to get one of those in house I think we need some more discussion on this.

Quote Originally Posted by dgdve View Post
    Well correct me if I'm wrong but you only actually need the clash sensor from that mess... so you could just replace it, if you cant figure it out.. great to see inside one of the new blades TYTY and yeah (I'm thinking the green thing is the clash sensor), but since I've yet to get one of those in house I think we need some more discussion on this.
    Well, the actual wiring will not be from this side, I will be using the wires from the soundboard section.

I guess I can either

i) desolder the clash sensor and reuse it or

ii) leave the clash sensor on the board, cut a piece of the board out for support but still need to figure out how to wire it.

The wire I think were both looking for is the one that comes FROM the clash and is merged with the positive off the board and continues on to the main LED.. Id just try to desolder it and wire it in BUT as I've said I have never seen this board before so I'm just goin with some basic MR/Hfx board type set up. Keep us posted

Some updates, I made quite a bit off progress yesterday, all credit to Rhyen Skytracker of course, for without his guidance and him patiently answering all my noob questions I wouldn't ever dare to attempt this conversion myself. I can never thank him enough for taking time off his other stuff to verify things for me.

I guess I should have posted this pic of the soundboard itself in the beginning. (this pic was taken by Rhyen Skytracker)

Basically for this board, the polarity is reverse. 1-6 are positive now. That makes gnd negative. Also, the purple wire is for the blade presence sound. I initially wired 1-6 to the positive of the led and impact + ground to the negative of the LED. It didn't power on. I thought I screwed up the board or something. While checking for bad wiring, the purple wire accidentally touch the negative and ground wire and it powered up!!! What a happy accident.

I guess it makes sense, by not wiring the presence wire, the board will think that the blade is not plugged in. By wiring it, the board now believes there is a blade in the hilt.

One last hurdle, I still haven't figure out how to wire the clash sensor yet. I manage to trace the impact wire from the board to the thinner leg of the sensor. The other leg looks like it's either going positive or ground, I am not so sure, cause some hot glue are obscuring the board circuit and I can't tell for sure.

Anyone can chime in on this? If the impact wire goes to the skinny leg of the sensor, which is the most logical wiring for the fat leg?

Wow for a board that looks so similar thats a mouthful of differences you just noticed... Great Job to you and to your padawan this "Rhyen Skytracker" (lol)

No no no, Rhyen Skytracker is a member here with lots of experience in building lightsaber, he was the first I believe to gut out the removable blade soundboard for use hence it is only natural for me to consult him on the electronics section.

Another update....I got it to work!!!!! Clash sensor and all. Basically the wiring is exactly the same as the old boards with a few exceptions.

Firstly, wires 1 to 6 are positive now and hence goes to the positive part of the LED. The purple blade presense wire needs to be wired with ground and connected to the negative part of the led. For the clash sensor, One leg to impact and negative and one leg to positive.

Now I have one last hurdle, the Anakin blade holder I got here doesn't fit. I have been sanding for hours and I am still not anywhere near in getting it in. I read the reviews saying that it needed a lot of sanding but I have no idea it needs this much.

Also, the blue rebel I got looks a lot more cyan and blue. Is a p4 blue a darker blue? Maybe I will try that next time.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

Quote Originally Posted by Wong Yoon Wei View Post
    Also, the blue rebel I got looks a lot more cyan and blue. Is a p4 blue a darker blue? Maybe I will try that next time.
    that happens... the P4 blues that i have are a nice happy medium blue - close to "true blue".
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

The clash sensors and motion sensors that we use are not concerned with polarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Wong Yoon Wei View Post
    No no no, Rhyen Skytracker is a member here with lots of experience in building lightsaber
    You speak so highly of this padawan learner... (LOL) No No its ok Rhyen is VERY well known and respected, I was just trying to mess with him(joke)