Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lightsaber Storyline Inconsistencies

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

Post Lightsaber Storyline Inconsistencies

EP l PM; Obi-Wan Kenobi falls and drops his saber. (it turns off). Qui-Gon Jinn is killed and lets go of his saber. (it turns off).

EP ll AOTC; Mace Windu losses his saber, before Jango Fett tries to lunge for it. (it turns off). Anakin Skywalker gets his arm cut off dropping his saber. (it turns off).

EP lll ROTS; Count Dooku gets both hands cut off. (it turns off). Mace Windu losses his arm and saber(can't recall where it ended up). (it turns off). Anakin Skywalker losses his limbs, his saber falls further up the embankment. (it turns off). Yoda throws his saber at a clone. ( it stays on).

EP lV ANH; Obi-Wan Kenobi dies, his saber falls. (it turns off).

EP V ESB; Luke Skywalker gets his saber spun out of his hand. (it turns off). He then gets his hand cut off loosing his saber. (it turns off).

EP Vl ROTJ; Darth Vader throws his saber at Luke Skywalker. ( it stays on).

Why does Yoda and Darth Vader get to let go of theirs and doesn't turn off?

Blog Entries

They are using the force to throw the saber therefor keeping it on...

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

exactly - they use the force to keep the activation plate on, otherwise it would turn off.
    Now known as Azmaria Dei
    i really need "meow on clash" mya! =^_^=

duel - to fight someone 1 on 1
    dual - 2 of something in line with each other

Ahh my friend.. Dont worry yourself over such trivial matters of force control. Your "observing"(which is great).. but I dont think your quite "seeing" it(yet).

Yeah most likely the force keeping it on. But, in the most recent novel, Vortex it said: "... locked his lightsaber blade on... and sent it spinning up..." (edited for spoilers) so, it seems like pressure or a momentary switch can turn it on, so when you let go, it turns off. and you can lock it on with a latching switch. might be a fun build!

THE FORCE! Thanks for the input. I have a tendency to dissect films for mistakes. Thanks for setting me back on the path.

Space OSHA safety feature. Yoda and Vader bet hope the SOSHA inspectors don't ever find out they illiegally modified their sabers to bypass the safety feature. They will have to pay some big fines.

Quote Originally Posted by acerocket View Post
    Space OSHA safety feature. Yoda and Vader bet hope the SOSHA inspectors don't ever find out they illiegally modified their sabers to bypass the safety feature. They will have to pay some big fines.
    Nice Ace. I love it.

Yea, Thats a good one. Made me smile on a bad day.

PALPATINE: Your new lightsaber, lord Vader. It has had some... modifications.
    VADER: Is it... legal?
    PALPATINE: I will make it legal.