Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tanaka by Gin Malinko

Default Tatakai Kinsei by Gin Malinko

Tatakai Kinsei
    (To Fight for Balance)

Okay, so here is my first lightsaber that I have completed a while ago. it sat as a directed drive with no sound and unfinished for a while but i finally got around to finishing it. I was going for a simple sinktube design but with a japanese katana flair. and thus the Tatakai Kinsei was born.

SPECS

LUX III green
    2010 obi wan eco sound board
    6v aaa battery pack
    1.25 sink tube
    36 inch trans-white blade.
    TCSS premium speaker
    replaced clash/swing sensor with TCSS clash and swing.
    celophane diffuser within blade.

I found that with the trans-white blades, a diffuser is needed. not really for the evenness of the color but rather to hide the mirrior inside the blade and to make it look solid.
    the pommel of this saber is just a rubber cork i picked up at the hardware store and then cut down and drilled holes into it. this is only for the time being. i am making a custom pommel for it that will look much nicer.

btw sorry for the quality of the photos. i was forced to use my phone and the color seems a bit off and a bit hazy.
    Last edited by Gin Malinko; 12-15-2010 at 10:08 PM. Reason: renaming the lightsaber

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

very nice. you have strong fingers to get the tsuka maki so nice and even like that. and though i'm not a fan of green at all, it compliments the hilt very nicely in a way that i don't think any other color could.
    Now known as Azmaria Dei
    i really need "meow on clash" mya! =^_^=

duel - to fight someone 1 on 1
    dual - 2 of something in line with each other

I like the switch placement. Very nice build over all.
    _______Through power, I gain victory.
    _________Through victory, my chains are broken.
    ___________The Force shall free me.

yeah it was pretty tough getting that tsuka on tight and correctly. i had to re-do it it 3 times to get it as even as it is.
    and yes, green is the best color for this hilt. it just doesnt look right with anything else.

the switch wasnt really thought out, but once i put it in and held it, i was perfect. it can be held nicely regular, or just as nicely in a reverse grip. it seems to match perfectly with my hand in reverse grip, my pinky finger goes right over the switch

"Tanaka" is a family name in Japan. It's very common name in Japan. (like Smith, Johnson,Brown,etc)
    It's a little funny for name of the weapon.

In Japan, it is common to use the name of the natural phenomenon ,or first name of person for the name of the weapon.
    For example,.like Kusa-Nagi(grass and wind), Yo-Giri(night fog), Oo-Nami(big wave), Raiden(lightning), or Masamune, Kiyomaro, Magoroku (first name of the historical person or creator of the katana).

yep, I was going to name this either Tenchi (heaven and earth), Kurome(black eyes) or Musashi (legendary Japanese swordsman)
    but The name "Tanaka" has been somewhat of an inside joke with all of my friends who play RPG style games. since we watch a lot of old martial arts movies, it seems that anyone from japan is know only as "Tanaka"
    so it wasn't that I named this saber out of ignorance, but rather a reference to our inside joke that "everyone from japan is named Tanaka"

but to be honest, after saying it over and over, it doesnt seem to roll of the tounge as a name for a weapon like you said, so i am considering on changing it to one of my first three ideas for its name.

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

how about Watanabe?
    Now known as Azmaria Dei

My recommend names are,
    Rai-Kow(Flash of Thunder), Matsu-Kaze(Pinus wind), Oni-Kiri(Ogre Buster), Inazuma(Lightning Bolt), Shi-Den(Purple Spark) .

Watanabe...?
    Watanabe no Tsuna was a Japanese ancient samurai who defeated giant ogre.(wataanbe is family name)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watanabe_no_Tsuna

i really like Inazuma and Shi-Den

could you tell me what Ichi-Maru means? i heard it somewhere and i think it sounds rather cool ^_^

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

Watanabe is also the 5th most common surname in Japan. ^_^

how about Seirei no Moribito?

EDIT::: i know Ichi is one, and Maru can mean either a circle (sometimes used as a zero) or full in relation to months
    Last edited by equinox13; 12-15-2010 at 02:24 AM.
    Now known as Azmaria Dei