Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Blade Idea

The correct term is "suspension of disbelief". I like to think I am very good at suspension of disbelief. However, like most people I can strongly dislike something that I don't think can be even remotely possible... like black bladed lightsabers.
    Last edited by ARKM; 12-15-2010 at 02:32 PM.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

you get the point either way.
    Now known as Azmaria Dei
    i really need "meow on clash" mya! =^_^=

duel - to fight someone 1 on 1
    dual - 2 of something in line with each other

Jedi Initiate Loachri MacTalabh's Avatar

@ARKM Judging by your profile picture, You can see what I was going for. A Katana type lightsaber.

Quote Originally Posted by Loachri MacTalabh View Post
    A Katana type lightsaber.
    Keep in mind the reasons for the curve in a katana blade: to promote the drawing of the weapon from a sheath, given that the wielder's hand follows an arc. Consider also that the curve of the blade lies in the same plane as the cutting edge, the orientation of which is important. Along the same lines, the hilt is not circular in cross-section.

With a light saber, the user isn't removing it from a sheath, and there is no directionality to the cutting "edge". So there'd be no practical purpose. Do look through the gallery, though, and you'll find some examples of saber hilt wrappings inspired by traditional Japanese swords.