Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2 New PVC lightsabers, Destiny and Unnamed Jedi

Sloda I did rebuild it as a sinktube... Till I butchered that also!

Back to topic:

I think the first pic looks the best as it is. The pommel reminds me of an obi tpm the way it is separated from the rest of the hilt. Good stuff there, I'll keep a close eye on these builds.

Cheers.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Hi Sloda
    i add you in the skype, if you can help me in the construct of a pvc saber

thanks

Hmmm bk, yes I see what you mean. I'll review the tpm Obi and see what I can do for a PVC homage. Watch this space.

Hi Andre, I'd be glad to help, but if we discuss it here instead of on skype, others may also be able to learn something, or might be able to answer other questions. Also I live in Australia so we will have a big time difference.
    Last edited by Sloda Foade; 12-16-2010 at 08:50 PM.
    With the Blast Shield down I can't even see.. how am I supposed to fight

ok \o
    i see the pics u put of a basic idea of pvc tubes to make the sabers
    http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/...dScrewHilt.jpg
    if is not too much to ask can u show pics of the pieces before being cut, so i can try to find here
    like the size of them too which one can put the piece of blade glued with the led?
    i tryed to found a pvc tube that fits the blade but i only found the same size or large
    this tubes is used for what in the original form?

thanks

Ok, I'll try to give you the info. The pipes I use are metric so are slightly smaller than in USA, I also have to buy polycarbinate 20mm tube for blades rather than the 1" size they use in USA. this means I have to grind my own tips for the blades

Basically I wander round my local hardware store fitting together water & electrical PVC pipes and connectors until I find a look that I like.

Starting with the end cap it is just a 25mm rounded endcap
    Inside this is a 20mm screw plug, this screws into a connector - 20mm screw thread and 25mm clean tube (no threads)
    this is glued into a 25mm joiner, with another 20mm screw to 25mm clean connector (all up there are 3 of these on the saber)
    This has a 20mm threaded to clean connector, then a piece of 20mm pipe cut to length.
    At the end is another 25mm to 20mm threaded connector. this has the threads ground out so the pipe slips inside.
    There is a 20mm coupler with the inner shim ground out so it slides over the tube. this may or may not be on the final saber
    bits2.jpg

and here is the latest pic. I have smoothed the edges of the couplers and started to glue parts together.
    bits3.jpg
    Last edited by Sloda Foade; 12-17-2010 at 05:14 AM.

wow thanks now i think ti will be easyer to find

and the destiny?
    what size of the tube u used?

thanks =D

Destiny used the same 20mm tube with one threaded 20mm nut and a different connector which had a 20mm clean end instead of 25mm. The rest was 20mm tube and some electrical PVC tube as outer shroud (32mm I think) this then had a lot of dremmelling to get the shapes cut out.

Well I liked Destiny so much (as did my sister), I decided to make a similar one for myself before finishing off the other saber above. Here are a couple of pics of the unfinished PVC saber called "Leverage". I will do a different colour scheme for this one, maybe do some airbrushing on it to age it. Anyway here are the pics.

Bottom

The ribbed grip is some electrical flexible conduit and the pommel is slightly different, but you can't make an exact duplicate otherwise each saber wouldn't be unique.

I'll post more photos once I have it painted.
    Last edited by Sloda Foade; 01-06-2011 at 05:24 AM.

So Destiny and the similar unnamed one here are 3 layers of elect. conduit? What's the ID of the innermost one, and the OD of the outermost?

Very nice work Sloda. Is this one also going to sport a blue blade?
    Formerly known as Polarcupz

"I think, therefore I am. I destroy, therefore I endure."