Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Rough Draft for Saber Wiring

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Erist Trieber View Post
    ok thanks. that resistor where the buck puck is still will go on the pos lead to the LED correct?
    correct.
    Now known as Azmaria Dei
    i really need "meow on clash" mya! =^_^=

duel - to fight someone 1 on 1
    dual - 2 of something in line with each other

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by equinox13 View Post
    there are only 3 SFX that MR/Hasbro uses - Sith, Jedi, and Ventress. and the first two sound somewhat similar in my opinion...
    Really? I think the Jedi and Sith boards have slightly different ignition sounds, but the main difference is that the Jedi board has 4 or 5 clash sounds (I swear the Mace FX board I have has 5), and the Sith board only has one clash sound, which some find annoying. That's why they got the nick name of "monkey gong" boards.

The Ventress board isn't as loud and has sort of a double ignition sound and the hum sounds to me like angry bees.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

I actually prefer the Sith board (MR at least) just because it has a deeper ignition and seems to "hum" better.. but maybe thats because as J-lo pointed out it has less choice with its clash sounds

Now here is a slightly different question. If I make a staff saber should I use two Sound boards and two battery packs or can I get away with one of each just need more batteries or more Volts?
    "He who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother."

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    Really? I think the Jedi and Sith boards have slightly different ignition sounds, but the main difference is that the Jedi board has 4 or 5 clash sounds (I swear the Mace FX board I have has 5), and the Sith board only has one clash sound, which some find annoying. That's why they got the nick name of "monkey gong" boards.

The Ventress board isn't as loud and has sort of a double ignition sound and the hum sounds to me like angry bees.
    spent too much time around loud equipment i guess... they sound fairly similar in several aspects to me... though the number of clash sounds is good to know. ^_^ thanks.
    Now known as Azmaria Dei
    i really need "meow on clash" mya! =^_^=

duel - to fight someone 1 on 1
    dual - 2 of something in line with each other

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Erist Trieber View Post
    Now here is a slightly different question. If I make a staff saber should I use two Sound boards and two battery packs or can I get away with one of each just need more batteries or more Volts?
    I agree with J-lo, the Jedi and with boards do sound different, just look up two types in YouTube...

In regard to your question, I personally would creat two separate circuits. The reason being is it allows for you to have two single sabers if you so desire. When you run two LEDs on one circuit you Wind up sacrificing some serious runtime.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...