Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: morning from toronto

Your sabers will be really nice, I can tell. You've got the single most important thing going for you already.. Direction. If you have any renders/parts lists/wire diags/whatever just go ahead and post them the guys(and ladies) here can do wonders to help save every penny.

and on that note.

here is a first draft of my saber.

this still needs to be refined any suggestions would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    all three will eventually have sound in them. ive been looking at soundboards the past few days and im going to attempt to but the darksabers sound effects in mine.

mauls in my sons

and qui gons in my brothers

now dont get me wrong this will change at some point as they are the ones designing and building them.
    I'm a bit confused by this. Unless you mean from the old Qui-Gon & Maul hasbro toys from waaay back. If you do mean that, I don't think hasbro made a toy of the Darksaber.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

pretty much waht i am working on is isolating the sounds from clone wars cartoon and talking to a more techy freind of mine to build me a sound board.

Nice saber design...I don't see any Covertec wheel but you could use a D-ring MPS pommel insert if you don't want to mess up the streamlined look.

Sounds like you've got a sound solution in mind, be sure your friend knows what kind of ID he's dealing with and keep your voltages relative, in other words dont let him make you a card thats so power hungry it wants D cells. I'm sure he knows but just double check.. the ID is smaller in reality then on a ruler (it seems to me at least).

Now onto your render.. It's very clean and I love the lines and how its cut out for the switch, good job(thats yours I'm assuming with the Sith soundcard?)

Quote Originally Posted by dgdve View Post
    Sounds like you've got a sound solution in mind, be sure your friend knows what kind of ID he's dealing with and keep your voltages relative, in other words dont let him make you a card thats so power hungry it wants D cells. I'm sure he knows but just double check.. the ID is smaller in reality then on a ruler (it seems to me at least).

Now onto your render.. It's very clean and I love the lines and how its cut out for the switch, good job(thats yours I'm assuming with the Sith soundcard?)
    yup yup, and as for the render i wish i could have done the engravings on there but photoshop hates me right now llol

sorry about the double post.

pretty much ive been looking into sound fonts. i was wondering if i where to get a force fx saber would i be able to change the sound font on that? and for future refrence for me. can i infact run two different sound boards at the same time?

No, and yes.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    No, and yes.
    awsome thanks for the freakly fast reply