Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wiring Setup

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

1 - that switch wiring will likely not work in any way you expect
    2 - the voltage requirements and limits for the driver board and econo board are incompatible - the econo board max is 5V and the driver board minimum is 6V
    3 - that will not eliminate the blink on clash feature - instead it will accent it with ramping effect if anything

may i recommend using my wiring diagram for a stunt with optional sound? it eliminates the blink on clash, only needs 3.7V, and lets you turn the sound on/off separately if you so wish.

dual mode wiring diagram.jpg

EDIT:: and based on our discussion in the shoutbox, here's your new diagram using what you have. enjoy! ^_^

2010Modifiedcorrect with switch LED.jpg
    Last edited by equinox13; 12-08-2010 at 10:57 PM.
    Now known as Azmaria Dei
    i really need "meow on clash" mya! =^_^=

duel - to fight someone 1 on 1
    dual - 2 of something in line with each other

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Elf View Post
    So, if I were to use these additional boards, I would need to drop the 5V regulator from my setup, and use 2 3.7V Li-ions cells, correct?
    For now, I think I will try my original wiring scheme and save this for something to add to it later if I want. I just want to have the info in case I need it.
    What he is saying IS.. the voltage that you need for your add on's.. WILL fry the soundboard, AND he is also pointing out that the "flicker on clash" is actually kinda cool.. not at all lame. The big thing people dont like is the "flashing power on/power off" but once it's lit.. who cares, its just as bright (and nearly as loud)as any saber running the same Main LED no matter what board or battery pack(similarly resistored/regulated obviously, as well as similar charge), but yeah.. that board is cool(as long as you dont over invest).

Look if your getting serious about saberbuilding, you will soon want the premier of ALL soundboards.. ye ole Crystal Focus(from Erv. aka french connection).. it is actually the most fun to work with of all the boards.. screw the stupid sensors.. the CF goes a different route.. Multi-Axis Accelerometer's.. various sound fonts(from our own Nova and Madcow) and volume levels. If you've never seen anyone set up a CF its cool from the first boot sequence.. various LED outputs.. various "pressure" sensitivity settings.. and omg I can only imagine whats improved since I've seen one. Point is... from now on.. Every dime you dont spend on this build.. put it in an account for your next build!

Yeah I can tell.. your hooked

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Elf View Post
    So, if I were to use these additional boards, I would need to drop the 5V regulator from my setup, and use 2 3.7V Li-ions cells, correct?
    For now, I think I will try my original wiring scheme and save this for something to add to it later if I want. I just want to have the info in case I need it.
    Yep, and then your board will release the magical blue smoke... It likes to do that when supplied more than 5V.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...