Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Title Edited, 'twas my fault to begin.

Default Title Edited, 'twas my fault to begin.

Man I hate to be the one to rant. Usually, I'm a nice guy and keep quiet, but I'm heading to a con and these came back today, only one of which I can use.

I sent out an Anaking, EP3 and Luke EP6 for conversions. Asked for them to be rushed, shelled out the extra money for Priority both ways. I get them back today, and they look great, on the outside.

First up, the Anakin - I undo the thumbscrew on the Anakin, and slip out the stock MR blade, which has the krap beaten out of it. So far, so good. I take a blade I ordered from Corbins Components and try to fit it in. No dice right away, so I push harder. Finally, after lining it up perfectly, it slides in... a tiny bit. After pushing heavily on my not-so-washboard-anymore abs, I manage to get it in. Okay, it looks cool and it works. Jiggy. Oh krap. Now I have to get the blade out. After overexerting myself with my hands, I have someone hold the hilt and I yank the blade out (didn't bother thumbscrewing) ... now I wanted to try a TCSS blade but don't feel like going through all that again. Unless I have a gorilla follow me everywhere, I guess this Saber isn't going from a stylish hilt to a full saber within 1-2 minutes.

Secondly, the Luke RoTJ - Okay, the Anakin is bearable, I can put up with that. High hopes for the Luke. I take it out of the box. Cool, looks great. I unscrew the pommel and look in. Exposed wires? Uhh... okay... I flip it over to take out the blade and look at the Luxeon. Something slides inside. [:0] So I examine the Luxeon. It's at an odd angle, and that entire *thing* slides up and down throughout most of the hilt. Furthermore, with the wires sitting between the top of the battery pack and the rest of the electronics, this thing will never work. I was unaware that that sorta thing had to be done, but I'd rather have a few spotty LED's as opposed to one that won't work.

Synopsis - Dissatisfied. The Anakin I can use, but will be a pain to change blades, and the Luke I just can't use period. Normally I'm a nice guy. But when I shell out $75 - $85 for something, I expect it to work when I get it back. I don't know what went wrong, but something did. I guess I'm up the creek without a paddle as far as the Luke is concerned. There goes $200 I'll never get back.

I'll try to get my grievances in photo format shortly. Thank you for hearing the rant, I hope this is in the right forum.

Before venting yourself here in a very public place, have you at least attempted to settle the problems with UltraSabers? I've heard of people with small problems dealing with some of the vendors here, and have heard decent results when they were contacted directly. There's a place to air honest greivances when all avenues have been exhausted, I'm just not sure this is the place.

"They told me they fixed it!!! It's not my fault!"

Not very tasteful at all. Did you even try to contact Ultra before ranting up in here? From your description it sounds like there may have been a problem with the Luke, could it have been during shipping? As far as the Ani, well it clearly has been stated here as well as other places that the MR blade does not fit like the polycarbonate blades that we normally use, I do believe that he even has on his site that there is an upgrade to use the PolyC. If you have a problem that can't be fixed or you were getting the shaft I would say cut loose but considering that other customers seem to have great service with Ultra then your rant doesn't hold well. It would seem to me that maybe your pissed and just want to jump on every board around to talk smack and that is not cool.

<center></center>

Council Member
    Sith Lord

i haven't actually done buisness with Ultra but from what i've read he's a great guy. the problem with the luke rotj probably happened in shipping. you DEFINITELY shouldn't of insulted his buisness here before you even tried to work it out with him[}]

Oh noes!!!111 Ultra am made mi$t4k3!!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Misato Katsuragi: The one who deserves to survive is the one who has the will to do so.
    -Neon Genesis Evangelion

Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein
    -Rammstein
    Contains 100% your daily recommended dose of Laughing Man

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by WeirdoTransvestite

Oh noes!!!111 Ultra am made mi$t4k3!!!!!!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Huh?

<center></center>

Oh no! Ultra made a mistake!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Misato Katsuragi: The one who deserves to survive is the one who has the will to do so.
    -Neon Genesis Evangelion

Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein
    -Rammstein
    Contains 100% your daily recommended dose of Laughing Man

Council Member
    Sith Lord

yes, but i'm sure he'll fix it from what i've read about his customer service

Thanks weirdo, you know I get a little slow at times[]

<center></center>

The Anakin conversions done with the Stock MR blade uses the original holder. If you want to use the polyC tube from TCSS, you're gonna have to wait for Tim to post the blade holder in the store. The polyc tube is thicker than the stock MR. What you can do is sand down part of the polyc tube to fit into the Anakin, some people have done that. I'm just waiting for Tim to post the parts before I switch blades. I've had two Anakin's converted by Ultra last year when he first started doing it and they both still work fine. Now, I'm trying to change one from blue to white and once I get a holder from Tim, I will be using a polyC tube with Corbin's film in it.