Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lucky purchases and Heiland questions

Heiland bodies are extremely common (for now). They were mass produced and many companies completely unrelated to Heiland use them (such as MPP, which was the real brand used for the Vader ANH and ESB). There are generic bodies that you can get at lots of places on the internet in the event you mess one up. It's the accessories that are more important. Keep them safe in a box, and you can do your conversion on the main body.

I used a graflex blade holder from here, with a ploy carbonate shim made from a golf ball picker upper available at wal-mart or target. fits very very snuggly. then I just re drilled and tapper for the correct holes. took about an hour. If you line it up and with a bit of dremel work you can pretty easily add the wire like a vader.

With that said I to have a stock tube and shroud as well siting on the work bench. but my first decision was to do a vader and have no regrets...

My son made his own out of a heiland tube and extension and some graflex parts that we also found along with a bunch of different clamps. Do what YOU want, your the one who has to live with it.