Thread: Nano Biscotte V2 AAA Battery question

Default Nano Biscotte V2 AAA Battery question

Hello! I was hoping someone could tell me whether or not if a 4xAAA Battery set up would be too much power for a Nano Biscotte V2 card? I have a 4xAAA battery pack w/speaker I would like to use.(and get rid of) Looking at the V2 specs suggests that you could use 4xAA Nimh rechargable batteries. So I figured 4xAAA duracells should work too. Wrong? Thanks!!

Blog Entries

NB has a 5.5v threshold. Duracell AAA's are 1.5 each, totaling 6v in that holder. You could try to find a dummy cell to bring the holder down to 4.5v.

That said, you will get better runtime and performance with a 3.7v li-ion battery. And after a few recharges it and the charger pay for themselves.

EDIT: forgot to mention. The NiMH batteries are only 1.2v, so 4 equals 4.8v.
    Last edited by darth_chasm; 01-06-2017 at 06:02 PM.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Thanks for the info! I'm building this as a gift for a friend and I was looking to design it so he will not need a charger. I like your dummy cell idea, but maybe I'll just go all out with the Li-ion and charger set-up. And thanks for the NiMh 1.2v info. I was unaware of their specs. You rock!!