Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Joe Jedi sound board

Default Joe Jedi sound board

I have a Joe Jedi sound board with a broken on/off switch. It is my understanding that this is a momentary DPDT switch? If so...I have an AV style switch I just purchased. Does anyone know how this would be wired in place of the broken switch on the board?

Thanks,
    Satsu Jin

Hi Satsu,

ALL of the MR boards use a latching switch, not a momentary switch.

-C
    LOCKHEED

Yeah...I was reading a ton of stuff and figured that out totally by accident...but forgot that I bought the latching DPDT switch. So how to wire it into my board?
    Last edited by Satsu Jin; 12-01-2010 at 12:08 AM.

well my friend, youre in for a little bit of a job if youre not familar with taking apart to joe jedi saber. you must tare it down and pop out the pins so you can get at the sound board. the switch is soldered directly on the board. so you will have to de-solder the switch from the board. (i dont remember if its a 2 pin switch or a three) and then solder the new one on.

I already have it apart. The switch is now missing a piece..but I didn't want to use it anyway. It's a 6 pin switch. I just don't know what each pin is since the switch is broken. I can't ohm it out. I want to solder in my AV switch. So...anyone know the pinout? NO1,2/NC1,2 and both Commons?

A Sabersmith here named Gravy(Ohh He's one of my TOP 3 Fav's) has done EXTENSIVE work with the 616 board (with a few you tube vids) so if anyone could help you figure that out, its him.. but as usual dont bug him until you read over all those posts.. I'm sure your question has been answered.. If I find it again, Ill link you.. Search for "joe jedi".. "616".. "color changing lightsaber"(He made a wicked one that did like 16 colors or some crazy (stuff) like that).. just go look its here I'm telling you

Its not really a hard fix. If its a switch you got from tcss then solder your switch wires to NO1 and C1. Then solder those wires to the board. follow this link

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...i%20soundboard

It will show you where to solder the wires on to the board on the first page. BTW I'm sure this goes without saying, but if the AV switch is an illuminated one you will need resistor to run it. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by cinaxus View Post
    Its not really a hard fix. If its a switch you got from tcss then solder your switch wires to NO1 and C1. Then solder those wires to the board. follow this link

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...i%20soundboard

It will show you where to solder the wires on to the board on the first page. BTW I'm sure this goes without saying, but if the AV switch is an illuminated one you will need resistor to run it. Good luck.
    That helps me a lot. Should have figured that on one common and one NO were used.

you can use the solder pads on the bottom of the board.

I think this is the correct pic:

its been posted a few other times as well..

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

There are several threads with the pin out of the Joe Jedi board on here. I had to use it on several that I converted a couple of years ago. Use your Search-Fu and you should be able to find it. I don't really have the time to search for it at the moment, but it is here

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php