Thread: Ideas to reduce D ring rattle

Default Ideas to reduce D ring rattle

I recently installed the following D ring (from TCCS) on my saber, as I did not like how much the covertech wheel sticks out, right where I naturally want my second hand to be. It rattles quite a bit, and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or implemented solutions to quiet or (preferably) silence that?

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/58-D-Ring-P71.aspx

Some ideas I have considered are mounting it over a strip or section of rubber or leather, to reduce the vibrations transferring to the body of the saber, extending enough so the D ring itself never hits the saber body; Covering the whole shebang in plasti-dip; filling the rest of the carrier space where the D ring goes into the mount plate somehow, or hammering it to a more fitted opening...

Thanks in advance for any ideas, suggestions, or extant solutions.

So update, I saw a suggestion elsewhere, to wedge some leather in the opening where the D ring sits in the mount plate, which I did, as well as put a strip of leather between the mount plate and the saber body, and it seems to be working well! Will see how this solution holds up over time.

Wrap a piece of insulation tape around the middle of the D before assembly. No more rattle.