Thread: Battery Charging by Induction

Default Battery Charging by Induction

Has anyone tried the induction chargers that are on the market now? I am thinking of putting a saber together that uses one of the induction mats in stead of a charge port.
    I would also build the charge station into a holder so I never had to plug the saber in to charge it. IF you are unfamiliar with what Im talking about check these out. http://www.amazon.com/PowerPlate-Wir...0961266&sr=8-7
    IF anyone has tried this, or used one of these induction mats before (either this brand or another) I would love some input like: Do they work? How close does the device need to be to charge? How long does it take to charge?

Blog Entries

If this works please make a detailed tutorial, cause this sounds really cool. I do not have one but do know this, yes they work, they have to make contact to mat, and it depends on the battery for the time to charge. Also make sure the charger is compatible with the battery type you are using.

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

i had an electric toothbrush like this a while back. i'm pretty sure you won't be able to use a metal hilt with it though. everything i've seen that uses induction charging uses a plastic or polymer casing.
    Now known as Azmaria Dei
    i really need "meow on clash" mya! =^_^=

duel - to fight someone 1 on 1
    dual - 2 of something in line with each other

Quote Originally Posted by equinox13 View Post
    i had an electric toothbrush like this a while back. i'm pretty sure you won't be able to use a metal hilt with it though. everything i've seen that uses induction charging uses a plastic or polymer casing.
    Ahh, good point I hadn't thought of that... I wonder if there is a way around that... I'll have to play with it...

Would work great on PVC sabers though if that is true about metal....

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

or if you replaced a section of the hilt with PVC or just put the charging plate on the outside... though i imagine that would make for a bulky hilt... they make universal adapters - you could try tearing one of those apart and putting that in a bracket around the pommel or something...

i don't know... ideas abound... try something and see if it works. ^_^
    Now known as Azmaria Dei
    i really need "meow on clash" mya! =^_^=

duel - to fight someone 1 on 1
    dual - 2 of something in line with each other

now THIS would be sweeeeeeet... I actually use one of those for my iphone but I never thought of this... listen very carefully... KEEP ME POSTED!!!!!(pleasepleaseplease)